Now it's Sofagate
- Starr's slow pace boosts Clinton. Kiefer, Francine // Christian Science Monitor;6/8/98, Vol. 90 Issue 134, p3
Discusses the delays that Kenneth Starr is facing in his investigation of the relationship between Monica Lewinsky and President Bill Clinton. Actions taken by Clinton's defense team which make it unlikely that Starr will present a report to Congress prior to the elections in November of 1998;...
- Censure gains as middle option. Tyson, Ann Scott // Christian Science Monitor;11/30/98, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p1
Reports that as the House impeachment investigation draws to a close a pragmatic push to censure United States President Bill Clinton is gaining momentum in Congress as the only sanction believed capable of winning bipartisan support. Disagreement over whether censuring a president is...
- North Pole wisdom. // Electronic Media;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 52, p10
Editorial. Comments on the United States (US) House of Representatives' proposal to impeach US President Bill Clinton.
- Independent counsel investigates the `I' words. Schorr, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;3/12/98, Vol. 90 Issue 73, p19
Examines the legal ramifications of a possible indictment of United States President Bill Clinton by independent counsel Kenneth Starr. Indictments and impeachment inquiries; Details about the Independent Counsel Act; Extent of Starr's authority; Starr's legal advisors; Legal immunity issues;...
- The pains of high office. Cook, Patrick // Bulletin with Newsweek;09/29/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6142, p82
Presents a fictional letter to President Bill Clinton from his lawyer addressing several topics. Lawyer's opinion of his performance in front of the grand jury during the investigation by independent counsel Kenneth Starr; The Whitewater investigation; The lawyer's comments on travelgate, Vince...
- The lone Starr state. Smith, Evan // Texas Monthly;May98, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p128
Presents information on Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr's investigation of United States President Bill Clinton. Starr's Texas connections; Persons involved in the investigation and their connection to the state of Texas.
- Starr vs. Clinton: Enough is enough. Finn, Kathy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/06/98, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p15
Editorial. Focuses on the investigation of United States President Bill Clinton by independent counsel Kenneth Starr. Reference to the allegedly fraudulent Whitewater land deal in which Clinton was involved; Focus of the investigation on the personal philanderings of Clinton; Views from Starr...
- Inside Starr and his operation. Lacayo, Richard; Cohen, Adam; Donnelly, Sally B.; Novak, Viveca; Thompson, Mark; Gwynne, S.C. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);02/09/98, Issue 6, p24
Covers a story on special prosecutor Kenneth Starr and questions the purpose and possible outcome of his investigation of United States President Bill Clinton. Starr's background; His role as independent-counsel, and questions on how that job is being carried out; His career in politics.
- Obstructing justice: `Weak' charges? Grier, Peter; Thurman, James N. // Christian Science Monitor;9/22/98, Vol. 90 Issue 209, p4
Investigates the obstruction of justice charges which have been brought against United States President Bill Clinton by independent counsel Kenneth Starr. Why some lawyers, like Stanley Brand, feel that the obstruction of justice charges are the weakest charges that Starr has brought against...