Butter your parsnips
- Hickory Chair plants seeds of change. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;11/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the deployment of Employees Dedicated Growth and Excellence program by Hickory Chair in North Carolina. Improvement of the manufacturing process; Motivation of employee; Increase of the competitive edge.
- Value adding sales training. // Cabinet Maker;4/5/2002, Issue 5281, p23
Focuses on the correlation of the motivation of individual retailers with the sales in the furniture industry. Presentation of the retail program used by furniture firm Palliser; Relevance of the overall marketing strategy; Declaration of the effects training the sales staffs.
- Bassett honors top stores, people. // Furniture/Today;9/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the awarding of salespeople and stores by Bassett Furniture Industries Inc. in Las Vegas, Nevada. Provision of incentive to sales associates; Motivation of employee; Winners of the cash awards.
- It's finally showtime in Las Vegas. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;7/25/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p1
This article reports on recent developments related to the furniture industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. To celebrate its success and reward its employees, Fort Lauderdale, Florida-based City Furniture is sending 200 people to the inaugural furniture market in Los Angeles, California. It's the...
- No payin', no gain. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;3/19/2004, Issue 5380, p3
Focuses on the salaries in bonuses of furniture sales people in the furniture sector. Level of service of sales people; Status of employment in the furniture industry; Link between staff motivation and service.
- Stork Land knows its customers. Kitchen, Jane // Kids Today;Sep2005, p32
Reports on the success of the family-owned Stork Land, the retailer of juvenile furniture, bedding, accessories and clothing in the U.S. Knowledge about the customer base; Major furniture vendors; Establishment of partnership with manufacturers; Motivation of employees to satisfy their clients.
- Are you positive? Price, Gareth // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p13
Gives advice on how to motivate employees in the furniture industry. Material needs of employees in the industry; Importance of providing safety and comfort to workers; Benefits of sharing information and setting realistic objectives.
- How top sales associates find their motivation. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;3/13/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p44
The article provides information about the strategies used by sales associates to motivate themselves for success in the furniture industry. Top sales personnel build self-confidence through understanding and knowing the product lines they sell and convinced that they have the company to provide...
- How much do executives really cost? // Cabinet Maker;6/18/2004, Issue 5393, p8
Shares insights on how to ensure the loyalty of staffs and executives in the retail furniture sector in Great Britain. Need to bring up commission or bonuses policy; Significance of this policy in giving employees equal rights of the fortune the company is having; Relation of this concept on the...