Somnus seeks center ground
- Revolution takes over open coil production. // Cabinet Maker;10/31/2003, Issue 5362, p7
Reports on the decision of Harrison Beds to stop the production of open coil models.
- Harrison boosts capacity. // Cabinet Maker;9/2/2005, Issue 5454, p5
Reports that Leeds, England-based manufacturer Harrison Beds has doubled its factory floorspace. Statement of owners Peter and Simon Spinks on the factors influencing the move; Significance of the spare capacity for the production of the Somnus range; Citation of other expansion plans of...
- Kingstown confident in bedroom market growth. // Cabinet Maker;5/1/2009, Issue 5635, p7
The article reports on the fearless forecast by furniture manufacturer Kingstown Furniture on the bedroom market in Great Britain. The company is optimistic that the bedroom market will go on to thrive over the next year from 2009. It has announced the release of its new 2009 brochure, which...
- Lone Star Baby & Kids opens new store. // Kids Today;Apr2008, p14
The article reports on the opening of another branch of Lone Star Baby & Kids, a bedroom furniture manufacturer, in Forth Worth, Texas. The company's newly-opened store has an 18,000 square-feet showroom that display company's branded products. It also has a large warehouse to facilate the...
- Methodology for the Top 15 bedding ranking. // Furniture/Today;6/16/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p14
The article explains the methodology used by "Furniture/Today" magazine to rank its top 15 bedding producers in the U.S. in 2007. The top producers are ranked according to 2007 wholesale bedding shipments in the U.S., contract shipments, sales adjustments, sales allowances and incentives. Among...
- Hï¿½stens Handmade Beds Set for Launch at Fashion Island. Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;4/24/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p88
The article reports developments in the business sector in Orange County, California. A Hï¿½stens bedroom furniture store will be opened under the company established by Wally Marks and Evan Cole, WE Ventures Inc. Mod Jewelry Inc. is planning to make metal jewelry for the Beverly Hills...
- China's neighbors ready to capture some business. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;6/28/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p64
Cites the efforts of several Asian countries in gaining entry into the U.S. furniture market in the wake of plans to impose preliminary duties on Chinese made bedroom furniture. Recognition by Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore and the Philippines of their opportunity to take the expected slack of...
- Harrison's accolade. // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p4
Reports that Harrison Beds' Revolution spring system has been named as Millennium Product by the Design Council as part of its Millennium Project to promote innovative products.
- New suit for Bed Tailor. // Cabinet Maker;05/05/2000, Issue 5186, p2
Reports that Harrison Beds will revamp its Bed Tailor range, including models of the Revolution spring in the mattress and the Evolution spring in the base.