Courts' upward run proves analysts wrong
- The fatal flaw that hit Courts. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/3/2004, Issue 5417, p9
Comments on the business failure of Courts PLC in Great Britain. Inefficiency of the regularly revamped management, initiatives and store formats; Commercial debt to fund the consumer credit offer; Decline in the market share of the furniture business.
- Strong interim results for courts. // Home Furnishings;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
States that Courts, a furnishing group, recorded increased first-half profits. Statistical information on increase; Background on company.
- New stores help lift Courts sales to ... 86m. // Cabinet Maker;12/12/97, Issue 5068, p2
Discusses the financial performance of furniture retailer Courts company as of September 28, 1997. Posting of an 86.4 million pound sales revenue; New store openings and the introduction of electrical departments as the key to Courts' strong sales performance; Comparison of the actual...
- Another prize for Courts? // Cabinet Maker;02/27/98, Issue 5077, p2
Reports on the selection of Courts as a finalist in the 1998 UK International Retailer of the Year award.
- Out of town moves continue. // Cabinet Maker;02/27/98, Issue 5077, p4
Reports on the closure of Court's store in Woking in Great Britain.
- Courts now top retailer in Fiji. // Cabinet Maker;07/24/98, Issue 5098, p6
Reports that Courts has grabbed 60 percent of the Fijian furniture retail market.
- Efficiency implications of the Sindell-Rexall rule. Speir, John P. // CATO Journal;Fall90, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p603
Focuses on the rule of market share liability. Division of damages under the theory of tort; Marginal benefits from providing care; High-care provider's costs; Efficiency implications; Abandonment of causality.
- North America at a glance. // Appliance Manufacturer;Feb97, Vol. 45 Issue 2, pG-23
Presents several statistical reports on market share, unit sales major-appliance market and major-appliance unit exports. 1995 Mexican market share on washers, refrigerators and gas ranges and their unit sales; 1995 and 1997 Canadian major-appliance market units; 1994 and 1995 United States...
- Share-of-market for major appliances: U.S. // Appliance Manufacturer;Feb97, Vol. 45 Issue 2, pG-21
Presents a graph showing the percentage share-of-market for major appliances in the United States.