Contract market set to be worth Â£765m in three years
- Good times lie ahead for the furniture market. // Cabinet Maker;8/10/2001, Issue 5250, p5
Forecasts on the continuous increase of sales in the furniture industries in Great Britain. Percentage rate increase for sales; Survey on the consumers opinion about the economy; Consumers attitude towards the economic situation.
- Retailers set to grab office furniture sales. // Cabinet Maker;7/26/2002, Issue 5297, p3
Predicts that retail, mail order firms and etailers are set to increase their share of the office furniture market by 2006 according to the 'AMA Research UK Office Furniture Market 2002' report. Factor driving growth in the office furniture market; Projected growth in the market's value by 2006.
- August sales dip. // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2007, Issue 5555, p8
The article focuses on the decline of furniture sales in London, England after making gains earlier in the summer of 2007. Survey shows that the trade in August was 9.8 percent higher than a year earlier, on a like-for-like basis. It was found out that homewares and furniture fell back from...
- How the Top 100 report is compiled. // Furniture/Today;5/25/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p51
The article identifies the factors considered in identifying the top 100 furniture companies in the U.S. in 2009. The ranking is primarily based on the sales of furniture, bedding and decorative accessories including fabric and furniture protection. It only considers stores that specialize in...
- Upholstery sets strategies for 2001. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;12/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p34
Shares views on the marketing strategies of upholstery manufacturers in the United States for 2001. Use of brand-power or personalization to stave off the expected economic slow down; Broyhill's rollout of its leather program; Performance of BenchCraft products in fall 2000; La-ZBoy's offering...
- Number of retailers just miss making the list. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;5/25/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p25
The article identifies furniture manufacturers and distributors that almost made it to the list of top performing companies in the U.S. in 2009. Results of a market survey revealed that there are companies who were part of the list in the previous but failed to qualify for this year. It is...
- Marketing will help small furniture makers survive. // Marketing News;11/13/1981, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p11
Reports on the expected sales improvement in the furniture industry in the U.S. in 1982 due to the emphasis of manufacturers on marketing according to Thorndike Deland Associates president Rawle Deland. Impact of the change in the nature of the furniture business; Pros and cons of small...
- Report predicts buoyant times. // Cabinet Maker;7/11/2008, Issue 5596, p3
The article presents a 2008 forecast on the condition of the furniture industry in Great Britain. According to industry analysts, dining and occasional furniture will face challenging times for the next year. It is noted that prospects for the market remain uncertain with an expected downturn in...
- Contract Furniture Makers Weather the Storm. Landgraf, Greg; Freund, Bernadette // Wood & Wood Products;Dec2002, Vol. 107 Issue 13, p61
Reports developments in the furniture industry in the U.S. as of December 2002. Decline of the annual shipments of contract furniture makers; Projections showing growth of furniture sales; Improvements in the marketing strategy of manufacturers.