Do Canadian researchers have "blood on their hands"?
- UK gay men can donate blood--with restrictions. // Windy City Times;11/9/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p4
The article reports that British gay men who meet certain qualifications would be allowed to donate blood to help respond to the HIV/AIDS crisis in Great Britain.
- How the gay blood ban affects cancer patients. Hernández, Michael Kevin // Philadelphia Gay News;3/28/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p11
The author reflects on the negative impact on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's blood donor ban on men who have slept with men, which he believes is discriminating as heterosexuals are not covered but they too are at risk of acquiring sexually-transmitted diseases.
- Tobacco and researcher' rights. // Nature;9/5/1996, Vol. 383 Issue 6595, p1
Editorial. Argues that scientists have been wrongly condemned for accepting research sponsorship from the tobacco industry. Why some take the money; The need to be sure that tobacco money comes with no strings attached; Tobacco's frequent misuse of scientific data; The fact that the Playboy...
- Resources for GLBT seniors. // Erie Gay News;Sep2012, Issue 202, p4
A listing of resources for senior gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgenders (GLBT) is presented, including Golden Threads, Pittsburgh Prime Timers and Pride Center of WNY.
- cabaret. // BOYZ;7/22/2010, Issue 986, p52
Photographs of several LGBT people are presented.
- FROM THE EDITOR. Riggs, Damien W. // Gay & Lesbian Issues & Psychology Review;Apr2008, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
The article highlights the contents of this issue which deal with studies on the diverse experiences of members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, intersex and queer communities.
- Center Stage. Jacobs, Delores // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/25/2010, Issue 1161, p2
In this article the author discusses several LGBT community centers including Hillcrest Youth Center, Sunburst Youth Housing Project, and Latino Services.
- THE LGBT COMMUNITY HAD ITS UPS AND DOWNS DURING PAST YEAR - HERE ARE 10 HIGHLIGHTS. Gullickson, Glenn // Echo Magazine;12/24/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p26
The article features the events which highlighted the LGBT community in Arizona for 2009 including the Phoenix domestic partner registry in February, the annual Phoenix Pride festival in April, and the Phoenix Mercury's winning the 2009 Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) in October.
- From the editors. Couldrey, Marion; Herson, Maurice // Forced Migration Review;Apr2013, Issue 42, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which contributing authors highlight the need to provide greater protection to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) community.