Waiting for children's surgery in Canada: the Canadian Paediatric Surgical Wait Times project
- WHAT'S HAPPENING. Jersey Shore University Medical Center Partners with World-Renowned Reconstructive Surgeons to Unveil Center For Paralysis. // Exceptional Parent;Dec2010, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on the launching of a unique Center for the Treatment of Paralysis and Reconstructive Nerve Surgery at the Jersey Shore University Medical Center in New Jersey in cooperation with the reconstructive surgeons from The Plastic Surgery Center.
- Using Tumescent Anesthesia for Skin Cancer Reconstructive Surgery. LeBourdais, Eleanor // Dermatology Times;May98, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p27
Recommends the use of tumescent anesthesia as part of the administration of reconstructive surgery for the treatment of skin malignancies by the National Institute of Cancer in Bogota, Colombia. Benefits of using the anesthesia; How to prevent the development of hematoma; Factors which affects...
- Providing academic institution-level services with personalized care. // Ocular Surgery News;3/10/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p19
The article presents the Bacom Palmer Eye Institute that has access to the latest technology and research in the field for premium patient care. It cites steps undertaken by Bascom Palmer to improve patients' overall experience which includes communicating with patients and families and...
- Periodontal Practice Today... Giovannoli, Jean-Louis // Periodontal Practice Today;2004, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p195
The article presents the author's views on the demands from periodontal practice in the current times. He believes that the domain of periodontics has changed from being strictly a health service to one where esthetics is to be taken into consideration. He considers the advent of periodontal...
- Unforgettable Bali learnig experience. // Australasian Dental Practice;May/Jun2013, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p42
The article offers information on the biodesigning a dynamic occlusion for aesthetic occlusal reconstruction seminars to be held in Bali and Long Howe Island, Australia on August 15-16, 2013 and February 20-21, 214 respectively.
- Quality indicators in ovarian cancer surgery: Report from the French Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SociÃ©tÃ© FranÃ§aise d'Oncologie GynÃ©cologique, SFOG). Querleu, D.; Ray-Coquard, I.; Classe, J. M.; Aucouturier, J. S.; Bonnet, F.; Bonnier, P.; Darai, E.; Devouassoux, M.; Gladieff, L.; Glehen, O.; Haie-Meder, C.; Joly, F.; Lécuru, F.; Lefranc, J. P.; Lhommé, C.; Morice, P.; Salengro, A.; Stoeckle, E.; Taieb, S.; Zeng, Z. X. // Annals of Oncology;Nov2013, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p2732
Background Based on registries, the European experience has been that <50% of patients are treated according to protocols and/or benefit from the minimum required surgery for ovarian cancer. The French Cancer Plan 2009â€“2013 considers the definition of qualitative indicators in ovarian...
- Are Risk Factors Common to Thyroid Cancer and Nodule? A Forty Years Observational Time-Trend Study. Carpi, Angelo; Rossi, Giuseppe; Romani, Rossana; Di Coscio, Giancarlo; Nicolini, Andrea; Simoncini, Tommaso; Russo, Matteo; Mechanick, Jeffrey // PLoS ONE;Oct2012, Vol. 7 Issue 10, Special section p1
A progressive increase in the incidence of thyroid cancer (TC) has been reported over the last few decades. This either reflects the increased number of newly discovered and accurately selected thyroid nodules with more sensitive technologies and a relative more potent carcinogenic effect of...
- 10 reasons to practice ophthalmology. Guttman, Cheryl; Stasior, Orkan George; Stasior, George O. // Ophthalmology Times;03/01/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p14
Details several reasons in the importance and advantage of practicing ophthalmology. Comment from oculoplastic surgeons Orkan George Stasior and George O. Stasior; Features offered in ophthalmology.
- Management and outcomes of patients with epiphora referred to a specialist ophthalmic plastic unit. James, Bruce // Current Medical Literature: Ophthalmology;2013, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p110
The author comments on the study "Management and Outcomes of Patients With Epiphora Referred to a Specialist Ophthalmic Plastic Unit," by D. Sibley et al published in a 2013 issue of "Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology."