- Kentucky's coal industry. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar1998, p15
Reports on the performance of Kentucky's coal production industry. Kentucky's region specific coal production; Decline of Kentucky's state coal production; Competition from the US states of Wyoming and West Virginia; Consolidation of Kentucky's coal production industry.
- India a land of opportunity. Someday. Sanda, Arthur P. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Nov96, Vol. 197 Issue 11, following p84
Reports on the financial performance of India's coal industries. Estimated coal reserve; Use of surface mine method in the majority of coal produced; Quality of coals produced; Environmental problems caused by the use of high ash coals. INSET: Captive coal mines, planned or underway..
- Coal. Doerell, Peter E. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Mar1997, Vol. 198 Issue 3, p58WW
Presents an overview of the coal industry worldwide for 1997 using industry data from 1992 to early 1997. World production of coal; Stability of the industry in 1996; Expected decline in the volume of internal hard coal deliveries in the European Union (EU); Increase in American coal production.
- Stabilization measures for Russian coal industry dominate conference. G.F. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jul98, Vol. 199 Issue 7, p32A
Reports on the problems of the Russian coal industry which dominated the All-Russia Congress of Workers of the Coal Industry held in Moscow in May 1998. Emergency situation in some regions; Comments from President Boris Yeltsin, Prime Minister Sergei Kiriyenko and Economics Minister Yakov...
- India. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jul98, Vol. 199 Issue 7, p32B
Reports on the increase of coal production in India in 1996-1997. Contribution from Madhya Pradesh state; Data from the Indian Coal Ministry.
- United States. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jul98, Vol. 199 Issue 7, p32C
Presents brief reports regarding the coal industry in the United States. Includes Cyprus Amax Minerals Co.'s sale of coal properties to AEI Holding Co.; Clean coal technology grants by the Ohio Coal Development Office; Lehman Merchant Banking Partners' acquisition of Peabody Group.
- China puts coal stock on the block. Leone, Marie // Electrical World;Mar1998, Vol. 212 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the plans by China to sell stock in 10 to 15 of its strongest coal companies over a three year period. Information on the reform of the state-owned Chinese coal industry; Details on the positive results of the reform; What are the comments made in the `Business Weekly;' Information...
- Section 6. Coal. // Monthly Energy Review;Apr97, p85
Presents charts about coal resources in the United States. Production, consumption, imports, exports and stocks; Consumption by end-use sector by thousand short tons; Coal stocks by thousand short tons.
- Section 6. Coal. // Monthly Energy Review;Jun97, p85
Presents statistical information representing the coal industry in the United States. Information on coal production; Electric utility coal consumption.
- Section 6. Coal. // Monthly Energy Review;May98, p85
Presents information on coal production in the United States for the month of April 1998. Total amount of coal produced; Total electric utility coal consumed in February 1998; Total coal exports for February 1998.