- Kentucky's coal industry. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar1998, p15
Reports on the performance of Kentucky's coal production industry. Kentucky's region specific coal production; Decline of Kentucky's state coal production; Competition from the US states of Wyoming and West Virginia; Consolidation of Kentucky's coal production industry.
- China puts coal stock on the block. Leone, Marie // Electrical World;Mar1998, Vol. 212 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the plans by China to sell stock in 10 to 15 of its strongest coal companies over a three year period. Information on the reform of the state-owned Chinese coal industry; Details on the positive results of the reform; What are the comments made in the `Business Weekly;' Information...
- Section 6. Coal. // Monthly Energy Review;Apr97, p85
Presents charts about coal resources in the United States. Production, consumption, imports, exports and stocks; Consumption by end-use sector by thousand short tons; Coal stocks by thousand short tons.
- Section 6. Coal. // Monthly Energy Review;Jun97, p85
Presents statistical information representing the coal industry in the United States. Information on coal production; Electric utility coal consumption.
- Section 6. Coal. // Monthly Energy Review;May98, p85
Presents information on coal production in the United States for the month of April 1998. Total amount of coal produced; Total electric utility coal consumed in February 1998; Total coal exports for February 1998.
- Let the market decide. // New Statesman & Society;3/6/92, Vol. 5 Issue 192, p6
Editorial. Analyzes the condition of Great Britain's coal industry. Why it is being threatened; Negative effect of a reduced dependency on coal; Impact on consumers; What the government should do.
- Canadian coal production is at a record level. // Coal International;Mar97, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p48
Reports on record level posted by the Canadian Coal production in 1996. Value of the 1996 output; Provincial totals; Coal Association of Canada's data.
- Coal production continues to rise in Venezuela. Wolpert, V.M. // Coal International;Mar97, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p49
Reports on the total coal production of Venezuela in 1995. Sales; Average revenues.
- Mining boom rouses a mountain haven. Lloyd, Jillian // Christian Science Monitor;11/30/99, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p3
Takes a look at the impact of the growing coal industry on the population and quality of life in Paonia, Colorado.
- China's more liberal policies spur joint-venture negotiations. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Feb96, Vol. 197 Issue 2, p16B
Reports on the benefits of the enactment of more liberal policies on China's coal industry. Increase in joint ventures and cooperative projects; Large-scale investment projects under negotiation; Ministry of Caol Industry's (MOCI) treatment of each project on its merits; Possibility that...