An assessment of mumps vaccine effectiveness by dose during an outbreak in Canada
- Missed Opportunities for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) Immunization in Mesoamerica: Potential Impact on Coverage and Days at Risk. Mokdad, Ali H.; Gagnier, Marielle C.; Colson, K. Ellicott; Dansereau, Emily; Zúñiga-Brenes, Paola; Ríos-Zertuche, Diego; Haakenstad, Annie; Johanns, Casey K.; Palmisano, Erin B.; Hernandez, Bernardo; Iriarte, Emma // PLoS ONE;10/27/2015, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1
Background: Recent outbreaks of measles in the Americas have received news and popular attention, noting the importance of vaccination to population health. To estimate the potential increase in immunization coverage and reduction in days at risk if every opportunity to vaccinate a child was...
- Adverse Reactions in Estimation of MMR Vaccination Validation in Bosnian Population. Trninic, Slobodan; Bajraktarevic, Adnan // Medicinski Arhiv;2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p228
INTRODUCTION: The combined MMR vaccine was introduced to induce immunity less painfully than three separate injections at the same time, and sooner and more efficiently than three injections given on different dates. MMR will protect most kids from contacting measles, mumps, or rubella...
- Seroprevalence of mumps before inclusion of mumps vaccination in the Iranian Expanded Programme on Immunization. Avijgan, M.; Habibian, R.; Kheiri, S. // Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal;mar/abr2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p295
The current target groups for measles, mumps and rubella vaccination in the Islamic Republic of Iran are children at 12 months and 4-6 years. A study of the age-specific seroprevalence of antibodies against mumps in children aged 3-18 years in Shahrekord aimed to establish the need for booster...
- MMR Vaccine (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella). // AHFS Consumer Medication Information;Jan2017, p1
Why get vaccinated? Who should get MMR vaccine and when? Who should not get MMR vaccine or should wait? What are the risks from MMR vaccine? What if there is a serious reaction? The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program How can I learn more?
- MMR SCARE. MacFarlane, Neil; Hewitt, Martin; Kennedy, Ian; Green, Malcolm; Bates, Tom // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;2/12/2011, Vol. 342 Issue 7793, p349
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles about mumps, measles and rubella (MMR) in previous 2011 issues including B. Deer's article "How the case against the MMR vaccine was fixed" in the January 5 issue, H. Marcovitch's story "Is research safe in their hands?" in the...
- Antibody response to measles-mumps-rubella vaccine of children with mild illness at the time of... King, Gail E.; Markowitz, Lauri E. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/6/96, Vol. 275 Issue 9, p704
Offers results of a study which examines the response to measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine among children with and without mild illness. Methods; Results; Comments.
- Update: Mumps Outbreak-New York and New Jersey, June 2009-January 2010. Kaye, Donald // Clinical Infectious Diseases;4/15/2010, Vol. 50 Issue 8, pi
The article offers updates on the mumps outbreak in New York and New Jersey in June 2009 and January 2010, respectively. It discusses the beginning of the pandemic and the largest percentage of cases that were recorded. It also notes the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccination which is the...
- MMR expert dissenter now supports single vaccines. // Pulse;8/19/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 32, p7
Reports on physician Gordon Bell's support for proposals that would allow patient to have a choice between MMR and single measles, mumps and rubella vaccines in Great Britain.
- Children who miss imunisation: Implications for eliminating measles. Evans, Meirion R. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/27/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6991, p1367
Presents a study that determines the success of a program to give a double dose immunization for children who miss immunization for measles, mumps and rubella in Great Britain. Study on children in south Glamorgan, Great Britain; Gathering of information; Need for the change in immunization...