Changes in the rates of awareness, treatment and control of hypertension in Canada over the past two decades
- Hypertension: A Public Health Challenge. Hopkins, Keith; Bakris, George L. // Renal & Urology News;Oct2009, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p18
The article focuses on the study that high blood pressure is the major factor of hypertension disease in the U.S. and other parts of the world. The study has estimated that the hypertension prevalence is about 24.4% in 2009 and expected to rise up to 29.2%, or 1.56 billion people by 2025. The...
- Prevalence, Awareness, Treatment, and Control of Hypertension in Rural and Urban Communities in High-, Middle-, and Low-Income Countries. Chow, Clara K.; Teo, Koon K.; Rangarajan, Sumathy; Islam, Shofiqul; Gupta, Rajeev; Avezum, Alvaro; Bahonar, Ahmad; Chifamba, Jephat; Dagenais, Gilles; Diaz, Rafael; Kazmi, Khawar; Lanas, Fernando; Wei, Li; Lopez-Jaramillo, Patricio; Lu Fanghong; Ismail, Noor Hassim; Puoane, Thandi; Rosengren, Annika; Szuba, Andrzej; Temizhan, Ahmet // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;9/4/2013, Vol. 310 Issue 9, p959
IMPORTANCE Hypertension is the most important preventable cause of morbidity and mortality globally, yet there are relatively few data collected using standardized methods. OBJECTIVE To examine hypertension prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control in participants at baseline in the...
- Prevalence, Awareness, Treatment, and Control of Hypertension in China: Results From a National Survey. Wang, Jinwei; Zhang, Luxia; Wang, Fang; Liu, Lisheng; Wang;, Haiyan // American Journal of Hypertension;Nov2014, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p1355
BACKGROUND Hypertension is one of the major risk factor for cardiovascular disease worldwide. The objective of this study was to investigate the prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension in China. METHODS A multistage, stratified sampling method was used to obtain a...
- 4 Little Rules for LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE. Gelman, Lauren // Prevention;Jul2010, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p18
The article lists four ways on how to lower blood pressure.
- Even small overall BP reductions produce large public health benefits. // Modern Medicine;Sep95, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p44
Presents an abstract of the report `Implication of small reductio in diastolic blood pressure for primary prevention,' by N.R. Cook et. al. published on the April 10, 1995 issue of `Archives of Internal Medicine'.
- Aging kidneys may hold key to new high blood pressure therapies. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that hypertension can be controlled by managing sodium balance and blood pressure.
- The difference in hypertension control between older men and women. Wilkins, Kathryn; Gee, Marianne; Campbell, Norm // Health Reports;Oct2012, Vol. 23 Issue 4, Special section p3
Background In Canada, as elsewhere, control of hypertension in older persons who are using antihypertensive medication is more likely in men than in women. The reasons for the observed difference are not known. Data and methods Data are from cycle 1 of the 2007 to 2009 Canadian Health Measures...
- Chronic Non-communicable Disease Risk Factor Survey 2010 among University of the West Indies Staff at Cave Hill, Barbados. Morris, E.; Unwin, N.; Ali, E.; Brathwaite-Graham, L.; Samuels, T. A. // West Indian Medical Journal;Jul2011, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p452
Objective: To determine the prevalence of risk factors for chronic non-communicable diseases (CNCDs) among staff of The University of the West Indies (UWI), Cave Hill campus, in Barbados. Methods: A self-administered questionnaire comprising validated questions from the WHO STEPS NCD Risk Factor...
- Ten-year change in blood pressure levels and prevalence of hypertension in urban and rural Cameroon. Fezeu, L.; Kengne, A. P.; Balkau, B.; Awah, P. K.; Mbanya, J. C. // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Apr2010, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p16
Background Hypertension is becoming increasingly important in sub-Saharan Africa. However, evidences in support of this trend with time are still not available. The aim of this study was to evaluate the 10-year change in blood pressure levels and prevalence of hypertension in rural and urban...