Canada ill-prepared for radiation emergencies
- Social sciences meet basic sciences in new era of health-services research. Hoey, John // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/23/2001, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p248
Reports on a celebration of the achievement of Health Canada's National Health Research and Development Program (NHRDP) which closed in December, 2000. How the program helped develop comprehensive research and training programs; Plans for the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) to...
- Safe Scans: Four Steps to Reduce Radiation. AIELLO, MARIANNE // HealthLeaders Magazine;Feb2011, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p54
The article addresses the need to limit radiation exposure when using imaging systems. Dr. John Weaver of Dartmouth Medical School points out that educational elements are important in reducing radiation and people doing scans must be well-trained. There are technologies that can be used to...
- A prospective study assessing clinicians attitude and knowledge on radiation exposure to patients during radiological investigations. Singh, Paramdeep; Aggarwal, Simmi; Singh Kapoor, Amteshwar Mohan; Kaur, Rupinderjeet; Kaur, Amarpreet // Journal of Natural Science, Biology & Medicine;Jul-Dec2015, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p398
Background: Exposure to radiation during radiological investigations is of health concern, which referring physicians should rationalize. Hence, we assessed the clinician's awareness and concern of radiation exposure to patients, in relation to their referral practice. Materials and Methods: A...
- FISSURES IN THE PLANETARY APPARATUS. // Adbusters Canada;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p8
The article presents the author's view on the Japanese government's incapability to address problems of refugees and nuclear disaster and its social impact in Japan.
- Health Days Calendar. // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Jan2004, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on a calendar of health-related events through 2004 offered by Health Canada.
- Recall of products. // Raven's Eye;Jan2002, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p2
Reports the request of Health Canada for a recall of certain products containing Ephedral or ephedrine. Risk of the products to health; Advice for consumers to stop using ephedrine; Need to consult pharmacist.
- Homemade pesticides pose health risks. // Filipino Post;7/12/2012, p5
The article reports on the dangers posed by homemade pesticides advised by the Health Canada.
- Re: Health Canada licenses homeopathic vaccines. Gravel, Jonathan // British Columbia Medical Journal;Jun2013, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p231
A letter to the editor in response to the article "Health Canada Licenses Homeopathic Vaccines" published in "British Columbia Medical Journal" is presented.
- Trasylol suspension lifted in Canada. // Reactions Weekly;10/1/2011, Issue 1371, p2
The article reports on the temporary removal of the market authorisation suspension of Bayer's Trasylol (aprotinin) by Health Canada.