- Medications and quality: Pharmacists are last line of defense. Posey, L. Michael // Pharmacy Today;Dec2010, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p4
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses the importance of pharmacists to protect patients against potentially harmful pharmaceutical products.
- Boston Pharm.D. blazes trail for other R.Ph.s to go on rounds. Chi, Judy // Drug Topics;12/11/2000, Vol. 114 Issue 23, p50
Features Christopher Lyman, a senior attending pharmacist at Massachusetts General Hospital, who was sent up to the medical intensive care unit to take part in rounding with physicians in order to reduce adverse drug events (ADE) at the time of ordering. Ability of Lyman to interact with...
- Community pharmacists involvement in the pharmacovigilance program in Malaysia. Elkalmi, Ramadan M.; Hassali, Mohamed A.; Ibrahim, Mohamed Izham M.; Shafie, Asrul A. // Journal of Pharmacy Practice & Research;Sep2010, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p245
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with adverse drug reactions.
- Medication Safety. Doherty, Paula // Journal of Pharmacy Practice & Research;Mar2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p75
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with medication safety in pharmacies.
- Pharmacists can help primary care doctors cut prescribing errors. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;3/3/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7846, p12
The article reports that a protocol led by pharmacists has been developed and tested by British primary care researchers to help primary care physicians avoid prescription errors.
- Bausch + Lomb to operate as independent unit after acquisition. // Ocular Surgery News;6/25/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p46
The article reports that ophthalmology solutions provider Bausch + Lomb will continue to function independently after its acquisition by Valeant Pharmaceuticals. The acquisition will cost Valeant 8.7 billion dollars. Moreover, Valeant, which is the parent company, has promised that it will not...
- Are You Unknowingly Fighting Collaboration? BUCKHOLTZ HOLLIS, ROBIN // Chief Learning Officer;Dec2014, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p12
The article discusses five challenges that are preventing effective collaboration in organizations. These challenges include mergers or consolidations, toxic environment, mental and emotional blocks, and systemic processes. Topics discussed are organizational intelligence quotient, collaboration...
- GHX acquisition paves growth pathways into 2.0 realm. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Mar2014, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p8
An interview with Global Healthcare Exchange LLC Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Thoma Bravo is presented. When asked about the search of the company for investors, he mentioned that the search started in 2013 to enhance its operations related to product development. He added that the company...
- Actavis to enter ophthalmology with Allergan acquisition. Mullin, David W. // Ocular Surgery News;1/25/2015, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p34
The article presents an interview with Brent Saunders, chief executive officer (CEO) at drug company Actavis Inc. and David E.I. Pyott, chief executive officer (CEO) at pharmaceutical company Allergan Inc. Topics discussed include impact of personal relationship between the two CEOs on...
- ACORN STRATEGIC REPORT. Williams, Carollyn // ACORN: The Journal of Perioperative Nursing in Australia;Spring2014, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p6
No abstract available.