Collaborative practice comes to New York, expands in Indiana
- Practice act overhaul lets Ohio R.Ph.s change Rx regimens. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;5/18/98, Vol. 142 Issue 10, p62
Reports that as a result of a complete overhaul of Ohio's pharmacy practice act, pharmacists can take on greater roles in helping patients with their drug therapy. When the measure takes effect; What a patient's medical record should reflect; American states which permit prescribing authority...
- Newsbites. // Drug Store News;9/9/96, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p13
Cites legislative developments concerning drug stores in the United States as of September 9, 1996. Includes the approval of the MedGuide plan for pharmacist distribution of written prescription drug information to patients; Prohibition of health insurers from offering mail order prescription...
- CNC: A needed law or protectionism? Garza, Daniel R. // Caribbean Business;7/17/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p39
Presents information on regulations covering the Certificates of Need and Convenience (CNC) for pharmacies in Puerto Rico. When was this law enacted; Reasons for this law; Comments from Ivette Claudio, a Caguas pharmacist; Scheduled legislative session on CNC; Argument put forward by large...
- Backlash. Muirhead, Greg // Drug Topics;10/24/94, Vol. 138 Issue 20, p49
Reports on the impact of any-willing-provider legislation on independent pharmacies. Lower reimbursement rates; Pharmacies' participation in third-party network under the legislation.
- Lawmakers debate bill to regulate PBMs. // Drug Store News;2/16/98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, pCP28
Focuses on legislation being debated in Richmond, Virginia which would regulate pharmacy benefit management companies doing business in the Old Dominion.
- R.Ph.-backed bills to resurface in new Congress. // Drug Topics;11/18/96, Vol. 140 Issue 22, p7
Presents legislative proposals authorizing pharmacies in the United States to avail of Medicare payments. Lawmakers supporting the proposals; Protection of pharmacy compounding regulations.
- Karolinska collaborates with two centers. // Medical Device Daily;6/28/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 125, p3
The article reports on the collaboration of Karolinska Development, a life sciences company, with the university hospital Ospedale San Raffaele and the Medical University of Graz, which allow Karolinska to identify investment opportunities among life science innovations stemming from these...
- Net Watchers. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;8/16/99, Vol. 143 Issue 16, p71
Focuses on legislation being drafted for Internet pharmacies in the United States. Opinion of Representative Ron Klink (D-Pa.) on the regulation of online pharmacies; Types of electronic drugstores; Suggestion from PlanetRx.com Chairman William Razzouk.
- Rep. Ellison goes to bat for independent pharmacies. Hallman, Charles // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;10/2/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p7
The article offers information on the support accorded by Representative Keith Ellison to the Community Pharmacy Act of 2007 in the U.S.
- House Dems seeking breaks on drugs for Medicare enrollees. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;10/19/98, Vol. 142 Issue 20, p78
Reports on the increased prices of prescription drugs in the United States. Retail prices for the top ten brand-name drugs used by elderly Americans; Factors that drive up the prices of drugs; Information on a bill introduced by Democrats that would enable pharmacies to purchase Rxs for...