New drugs and dosage forms
- Antibiotics more cost-effective for ulcers. // Drug Topics;11/4/96, Vol. 140 Issue 21, p10
Recommends the combination therapy of clarithyromycin and omeprazole for the treatment of patients with H. pylori infections associated with duodenal ulcers. Cost control comparison with traditional treatments.
- Gemcitabine and vinorelbine followed by docetaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a multi-institutional phase II trial of nonplatinum sequential triplet combination chemotherapy (JMTO LC00-02). Hosoe, S; Komuta, K; Shibata, K; Harada, H; Iwamoto, Y; Ohsaki, Y; Morioka, T; Origasa, H; Fukushima, M; Furuse, K; Kawahara, M // British Journal of Cancer;2/10/2003, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p342
To evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of the sequential nonplatinum combination chemotherapy consisting of gemcitabine (GEM) and vinorelbine (VNR) followed by docetaxel (DOC) in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC), we conducted the multiinstitutional phase II study. A total...
- Phase II studies on docetaxel alone every third week, or weekly in combination with gemcitabine in patients with primary locally advanced, metastatic, or recurrent esophageal cancer. B. Johansson; S. Friesland; L. Kadar; H. Letocha; G. Frykholm; G. Wagenius // Medical Oncology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p407
Abstract BackgroundÂ Â The purpose of these studies was to compare efficacy and toxicity of docetaxel alone with the combination of gemcitabine and docetaxel for treatment of metastatic esophageal carcinoma. Patients and methodsÂ Â These studies enrolled patients with...
- Phase I study of docetaxel in combination with cyclophosphamide as first-line chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer. Vassey, P.A.; Roche, H.; Bisset, D.; Terret, C.; Vernillet, L.; Riva, A.; Ramazeilles, C.; Azli, N.; Kaye, S.B.; Twelves, C.J. // British Journal of Cancer;11/01/2002, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p1072
Reports on the Phase I study of docetaxel in combination with cyclophosphamide as first-line chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer. Determination of the maximum tolerated dose, dose-limiting toxicity and recommended dose of docetaxel; Pharmacokinetics of docetaxel.
- New drugs and dosage forms. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;4/1/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p562
The article reports the drugs and dosage forms launched as of 2013, including hydrocodone bitartrate and chlorpheniramine maleate for cough and upper respiratory allergy symptoms and ospemifene for the treatment of moderate-to-severe dyspareunia.
- Combining carboplatin and etoposide in docetaxel-pretreated patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer: a prospective study evaluating also neuroendocrine features. Loriot, Y.; Massard, C.; Gross-Goupil, M.; Di Palma, M.; Escudier, B.; Bossi, A.; Fizazi, K. // Annals of Oncology;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p703
Background: There is currently no standard treatment for patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) whose disease progresses after docetaxel-based chemotherapy. The purpose of this study was to prospectively assess the anticancer activity and tolerance of the...
- Ramucirumab Conveys Survival Beneit in NSCLC. // Personalized Medicine in Oncology;Sep2014, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p344
No abstract available.
- Study data supports use of Taxotere in lung cancer patients. // PharmaWatch: Cancer;July 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p19
Reports the presentation of data at the 39th annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology showing that elderly patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer who received Taxotere with a platinum compound experienced an improvement in median survival compared to the combination...
- A phase I/II trial of docetaxel and oxaliplatin in patients with advanced gastric cancer. Kim, Kyoung Ha; Park, Young Suk; Chang, Myung Hee; Kim, Hyo Song; Jun, Hyun Jung; Uhm, Jieun; Yi, Seong Yoon; Lim, Do Hyoung; Ji, Sang Hoon; Park, Min Jae; Lee, Jeeyun; Park, Se Hoon; Park, Joon Oh; Lim, Ho Yeong; Kang, Won Ki // Cancer Chemotherapy & Pharmacology;Jul2009, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p347
We designed this phase I/II study of docetaxelâ€“oxaliplatin combination chemotherapy to determine the dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), maximum tolerated dose and efficacy as a first-line treatment in patients with advanced gastric cancer. Patients with histologically proven, chemo-naive...
- Imatinib and docetaxel produced minimal response in platinum-resistant ovarian cancer. // Hem/Onc Today;9/10/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p16
The article focuses on a study which found that a combination of imatinib mesylate and docetaxel produced only a modest response in patients with recurrent, platinum-resistant or refractory ovarian cancer. Researchers from the Hoosier Oncology Group at Indiana University Cancer Center...