Endocrinologists release vitamin D guidelines
- Winter warning: Watch for vitamin D deficiency in elderly... // Geriatrics;Jan96, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p16
States that elderly shut-ins are at an increase risk for vitamin D deficiency in the winter. Reason they are at risk; Physicians vigilance for vitamin D deficiency in elderly; How vitamin D supplements may be given. INSET: Vitamin D regimens..
- Catching some D's. Barefoot, Jennifer A.; Bauman, Alisa // Runner's World;Sep98, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p22
Offers advice on how avoid vitamin D deficiency. Exposing small areas of the skin to sunlight; Eating salmon or drinking low-fat milk fortified with vitamin D; Taking multivitamins containing vitamin D during dark winter months.
- Here comes the sun: good news for bone health! Aspray, T. J.; Francis, R. M. // Age & Ageing;Mar2011, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p146
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses two reports published within the issue such as a paper by Roman Romero-Ortuno and colleagues on a data offering insight into plasma 250HD levels in Irish community-dwelling older people and a paper from V. G. M. Chel and...
- Vitamin D status of Asian infants. Singleton, Nicola; Tucker, S.M. // British Medical Journal;3/11/1978, Vol. 1 Issue 6113, p607
Vitamin D intakes of infants aged 6 and 18 months from the Asian community in Southall, Middlesex, were studied to assess the effectiveness of food fortification as a means of preventing vitamin D deficiency. Infants aged 6 months generally had similar diets to white children of the same age and...
- Vitamin D. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Dec1994, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p4
Discusses various aspects of vitamin D. Description of how the body makes vitamin D; Sources of vitamin D; Diseases which can result from vitamin D deficiency; Factors that interfere with vitamin D production; Guidelines for maintaining one's vitamin D status. INSET: Fast facts about sun...
- VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY AMONG HISPANICS. Bryan, Rebecca H. // Clinical Advisor;Feb2012, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p54
The article provides an answer to a question on how to prevent vitamin D deficiency among Hispanic population.
- Quick guide to... // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;9/28/2010, p21
The article offers guidelines on the prevention and treatment of vitamin D deficiency, which has been a growing problem for children living in London, England.
- Low plasma vitamin D in Asian toddlers in Britain. Honorary, B A Wharton // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/02/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7175, p2
Editorial. Discusses the health risks of low plasma Vitamin D to Asian toddlers in Great Britain. Prevalence of suboptimal plasma vitamin; Physiological effects of Vitamin D supplements; Approaches to prevent nutrient deficiency.
- Too much vitamin D causes intoxication and bone loss. // Geriatrics;Dec97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p22
Suggests a careful monitoring of an older patient's intake of vitamin D to help prevent intoxication and bone mineral density loss. Recommended daily vitamin D intake; Signs and symptoms of vitamin D intoxication.
- Don't Be D-ficient. MILES, OTESA MIDDLETON // Arthritis Today;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p37
The article discusses the study on corticosteroids drugs which increase the risk of vitamin D deficiency and the four ways to enhance vitamin D including eating fortified foods, calcium supplements, and losing body weight.