- Clicks. // Television Week;7/23/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p2
The article presents statistics on issues related to digital video recorders (DVR) including the number of households with DVR, the average annual income of a DVR household which is 18 percent higher than the national average, and the rate of DVR users who say they would return the device to the...
- CacheVision bows DVR set-top modules. // CED;Feb2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p22
Assesses the expansion of the digital video technology portfolio from Cache Vision Inc. Integration of DVR modules with consumer electronics appliances and set-top boxes; Variety of gigabyte available; Specification of DVR for operators to brand both the hardware and graphical user interface...
- REPORT: 47% OF HOMES NOW HAVE A DVR. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;12/16/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 50, p6
The article reveals that 47% of U.S. households have a digital video recorder (DVR) in 2013.
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;5/2/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p28
A statistics is presented on the forecasted number of households which are digital video recorder (DVR) subscribers as of year-end 2016.
- Playback plus? Hershbein, Brad // Regional Review;2004 2nd/3rd Quarter, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the sales performance of DVD recorders in the U.S. consumer electronics market. Reasons behind the poor market condition of DVD recorders; Information on DVD players as one of the fastest-adopted consumer electronic device in the market; Competition being faced by DVD recorders from...
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p32
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Picture This: Traditional TV â€” Not Dead Yet" in the May 9 and 10, 2011 issues and "Comcast Scraps TiVo Set-Top Deal, But Will Open VOD Tap," in the May 9, 2011 issue.
- IDC: Pay TV Driving Digital Video Recorders. // Electronic News;4/5/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 14, pN.PAG
Predicts the growth of digital video recorders (DVR) in the U.S. by 2008, according to research firm IDC Corp. Annual growth rate between 2003 and 2008; Shipment forecast for DVR/DVD recorders in 2008; Reason for the decline in DVR shipments in the second half of the period.
- Dish Unveils 2nd Generation Of The Hopper. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/8/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p14
This article offers information on the second-generation commercial-skipping digital video recorder (DVR) called The Hopper launched by Dish Network at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
- IT ALL "ADS" UP: TV Commercials of the Future. Fischer, Raymond L. // USA Today Magazine;Nov2003, Vol. 132 Issue 2702, p62
Explores the threat of digital video recorders (DVR) or personal video recorders to the 30-second television commercial in the U.S. Popularity of the TiVo DVR in the U.S.; Features of the Scenium Digital media recorders from Thompson Multimedia; Efforts of advertisers to attract viewers of...