- Clicks. // Television Week;7/23/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p2
The article presents statistics on issues related to digital video recorders (DVR) including the number of households with DVR, the average annual income of a DVR household which is 18 percent higher than the national average, and the rate of DVR users who say they would return the device to the...
- CacheVision bows DVR set-top modules. // CED;Feb2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p22
Assesses the expansion of the digital video technology portfolio from Cache Vision Inc. Integration of DVR modules with consumer electronics appliances and set-top boxes; Variety of gigabyte available; Specification of DVR for operators to brand both the hardware and graphical user interface...
- REPORT: 47% OF HOMES NOW HAVE A DVR. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;12/16/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 50, p6
The article reveals that 47% of U.S. households have a digital video recorder (DVR) in 2013.
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;5/2/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p28
A statistics is presented on the forecasted number of households which are digital video recorder (DVR) subscribers as of year-end 2016.
- IT ALL "ADS" UP: TV Commercials of the Future. Fischer, Raymond L. // USA Today Magazine;Nov2003, Vol. 132 Issue 2702, p62
Explores the threat of digital video recorders (DVR) or personal video recorders to the 30-second television commercial in the U.S. Popularity of the TiVo DVR in the U.S.; Features of the Scenium Digital media recorders from Thompson Multimedia; Efforts of advertisers to attract viewers of...
- Playback plus? Hershbein, Brad // Regional Review;2004 2nd/3rd Quarter, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the sales performance of DVD recorders in the U.S. consumer electronics market. Reasons behind the poor market condition of DVD recorders; Information on DVD players as one of the fastest-adopted consumer electronic device in the market; Competition being faced by DVD recorders from...
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p32
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Picture This: Traditional TV â€” Not Dead Yet" in the May 9 and 10, 2011 issues and "Comcast Scraps TiVo Set-Top Deal, But Will Open VOD Tap," in the May 9, 2011 issue.
- IDC: Pay TV Driving Digital Video Recorders. // Electronic News;4/5/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 14, pN.PAG
Predicts the growth of digital video recorders (DVR) in the U.S. by 2008, according to research firm IDC Corp. Annual growth rate between 2003 and 2008; Shipment forecast for DVR/DVD recorders in 2008; Reason for the decline in DVR shipments in the second half of the period.
- TiVo looks to skip past oblivion. Kirsner, Scott // Daily Variety;1/8/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 6, pA1
The article focuses on the technological developments at TiVo Inc. TiVo has introduced an innovative Digital Video Recorder (DVR), which allows users to record television programs on to hard disk, at the Consumer Electronics Show. Tom Rogers, Chief Executive Officer of TiVo, discusses the plans,...