- Comcast Celebrates 10 Years of Community Service. // India -- West;5/6/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p30C
The article reports on the celebration of the 10 years of community service themed as the 10th Comcast Cares Day by Comcast Corp. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on April 30, 2011 wherein it has gathered about 62,000 Comcast employees.
- BUSINESS & FINANCE. // CableFAX Daily;11/29/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 230, p3
The article offers news briefs on the cable television sector in the U.S. as of November 2005. An advertising campaign for the upcoming column of Marianne Paskowski in the periodical "TV Week" compares her to franchise executives. A program of MSNBC will be partnering with the "Operating Phone...
- Media Consolidation Creates New Opportunities for PR Pros. // PR News;8/4/2014, Vol. 70 Issue 30, p1
The article discusses the role of public relations professionals in the drive of media companies to absorb competitors and consolidate assets. Topics covered include the invitation of the MSNBC network to the chief executive officer (CEO) of TerraCycle to explain the corporate investment of...
- Olbermann's Countdown Reaches Zero. Hart, Peter // Extra!;Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the sudden termination of television host Keith Olbermann at broadcast company MSNBC on January 21, 2011 in the U.S. Accordingly, the dismissal of Olbermann was to be due to Comcast Corp.'s purchase of National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) from General Electric Co. or the...
- JFK content on-demand on Comcast. Zima, Lauren // Daily Variety;1/14/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the partnership between Comcast Corp. and Boston's John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum to launch the first on-demand JFK destination, the JFK 50 Years on Demand, which commemorates the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's presidency.
- MSNBC: What happens now. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;1/24/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 16, p1
The article focuses on the speculations associated with the departure of television host Keith Olbermann from MSNBC. It alleges that his exit in the highest-rated show "Countdown With Keith Olbermann" is connected with the incoming take over by the National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC) of COMCAST...
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p6
Reports on developments related to the cable television industry in the United States as of August 6, 2001. Participation of Turner Broadcasting System in the Goodwill Games in Australia; Absence of singer Mariah Carey from Music Television's (MTV) 20th-anniversary show; Plans of Comcast Corp....
- From Tupelo to 30 Rock. NEEL, K. C. // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p19
The article discusses the 50th anniversary of the media communications company Comcast Corp. It reflects on the growth of the company with emphasis on the business strategies of its founder Ralph Roberts in making the company a leader in the broadcasting industry, its stock market performance...
- Comcast bylaws change allows easier way to spin off divisions. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;7/1/96, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p12
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s shareholders' approval of a resolution that will make it easier for the company to spin off individual business units. Possible candidates for a spinoff; Features of the company's acquisition of E.W. Scripps; Three classes of stock by the company.