Powell: FCC's AllVid Goals Being Met
- WEEKLY WATCH: CHINA'S ONLINE VIDEO APPETITE. BEATTIE, ANITA CHANG // Advertising Age;10/22/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 38, p1
The article discusses the increasing popularity of original content on China's social video websites Youku and Tudou, commenting the Chinese ban of the popular video sharing website YouTube and the expansion of China's microblogging website Weibo in competition with Twitter.
- Michael Powell. // Entertainment Weekly;4/19/96, Issue 323, p32
Presents a brief profile of the motion picture director Michael Powell. His work in Britain with writer Emeric Pressburger; `Peeping Tom,' his controversial movie that is a must-see.
- Michael Powell: 1905-1990. Thomson, D. // Film Comment;May/Jun90, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p26
Discusses the life and work of late British film director Michael Powell. Powell's autobiography, `A Life in Movies'; Powell's third wife Thelma Schoonmaker; Comradeship with director Martin Scorsese; Impact of the film `Peeping Tom' on Powell's career.
- The prewar Bs: Rewards and fairies. Durgnat, R. // Film Comment;May/Jun90, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p28
Discusses the late British film director Michael Powell's B-movies prior to World War II. Powell's adventurous romanticism; Witness to the pre-war world; Quota Quickies (QQs); First-rate discussion-pieces for film theory; Working with budget limitations.
- Accents and umlauts. Tanner, Louise // Films in Review;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 46 Issue 3/4, p28
Profiles director Michael Powell. Works include `49th Parallel' and `One of Our Aircraft is Missing'; People he disliked; Professional and personal background; Admiration of director Martin Scorsese; Excerpts from the film `Window to Paris'.
- Michael Powell gets nod for FCC. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;08/04/97, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p4
Presents information on the nomination of Michael Powell by American President Bill Clinton, to a seat at the Federal Communications Commission. Background information on Powell; Comments from Pia Pialorsi, a spokesman for the senator; Other nominations which were made.
- Watch what you wish for. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;03/30/98, Vol. 128 Issue 13, p76
Provides information on the life of Michael Powell, Federal Communications Commission (FCC) commissioner, while highlighting an incident involving Powell. Views of Powell as he dicusses the incident; Indication that Powell and Republican Harold Furchtgott-Roth have opposed the idea of an...
- No Rush to Judge Online Video. // Multichannel News;4/30/2012, Issue 18, p18
The article reports that the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee is not due to get involved in the online-video industry, regardless of conducting hearings on the subject.
- Is America's DTV on the road again? Dick, Brad // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p4
Focuses on the support given by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman Michael Powell on the development of the digital television system.