CBS Mulls 3D Cable Network
- China beams 3D TV test for New Year. // Daily Variety;1/3/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 2, p43
The article reports on the China 3D TV Trial Channel, China's first three-dimensional (3D) television (TV) service, which will be provided for the Lunar New Year celebration on January 23, 2012.
- CableLabs: Current Cable Set-tops Can Handle 3D Signals. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;1/25/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p14
This article focuses on a study from CableLabs which found that most of the digital set-top boxes currently used by U.S. cable operators are capable of processing three-dimensional television signals in frame-compatible formats.
- MAKING CONTENT IN 3D. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p20
The article reports on the significance of producing television (TV) content in three-dimensional (3D) structure and its impact on how customers perceive the 3D television equation.
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p14
Photographs of the several participants in the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame event including Paul Karpowicz, Melissa Grego, and David Zaslav are presented.
- Stickiest Shows. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p28
A table ranking basic-cable shows telecast from April 14-20, 2014 according to the Rentrak Stickiness Index rating which measures social engagement is presented.
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p30
The article presents readers' responses to articles in the April 30, 2014 issue including "Cable Show: MSOs Prepared to Enter Gigabit Era" and "Cable Show: Cox to Offer 1-Gig to All".
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/11/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p20
A calendar of events related to cable television industry from February 1-April 6, 2016, is presented, which includes Louisiana Cable Telecommunications Association's show, the Southwest Cable Communications Association's Annual Meeting and the Television and Video Marketers Conference.
- Retailers Ready Plenty Of Holiday TV Price Promotions. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/18/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on retail television category analysts' prediction that retailers will intensify holiday sales promotions of three-dimensional televisions, connected televisions and other step-up television sets in 2010.
- Anyone for 3D? ANKENEY, JAY // TV Technology;10/5/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p14
The article focuses on how the 3-D broadcasts of CBS Broadcasting Inc. on the U.S. Open Tennis Championships show increased efficiency of 3D production techniques and equipment without increasing cost. According to the executive vice president of CBS Sports Ken Aagaard, the new arrangement of...