The HD Wars Are Over. What's the Next Battleground?
- Forging ahead in HD. // Multichannel News;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 50, pS14
The article reports on the high definition television (HDTV) operations of DIRECTV in the U.S., as discussed by Derek Chang, DIRECTV's executive vice president for content development, at the HD Technology Summit in December 2007 in California. Chang said that DIRECTV started talks with...
- DirecTv bows HDTV for Thomson set owners. Tarr // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/09/99, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p1
Reports that DirecTV Inc. has launched a high-definition television (HDTV) service and resumed the disconnection of unqualified subscribers from its distant network television services in the United States. Subscribers capable of using DirecTV's HDTV service; HDTV set required to access the...
- DirecTV Adds Third HD Channel: Showtime. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/13/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p31
Reports the launching of high definition television channel on the DBS platform by DirecTV Inc. in El Segundo, California. Date on the first transmission of the channel; Use of orbital slot for the transmission; Requirement for the channel subscription.
- Ad Group to Comcast: Cease Claims. // Multichannel News;9/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the recommendation made by the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus which aims to stop Comcast Corp. from claiming that its Xfinity services can provide the best quality of high definition (HD) picture.
- Comcast Plans Wider Rollout for HDTV. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p3
Reports the plan to offer the high-definition television by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Specialization of local digital-broadcast channels and movie services; Response of the customers on the plan of Comcast Corp.; Scheme on one-box solution from Motorola Inc. and Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
- Comcast Adds HD PBS Feed in Philly. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p14
Reports the plan of Comcast Corp. on adding a high-definition (HD) television channel in the United States. Importance of adding HD content on Comcast Corp.; Subscription rate of HD television services; Partnership of Comcast with a major consumer electronics retailer company.
- AT&T's York Scopes Out HD Plans. York, Dan // Multichannel News;8/11/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 31, p25
An interview with AT&T's Executive Vice President Dan York is presented. When asked about high-definition (HD) lineup plans, he said that the company provide HD linear channels in the market. It is said that DirectTV Inc. grabbed the mindshare in the market on HD. York mentioned that AT7T...
- Comcast: Our HD Looks Best. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p12
The article reports on the launching of a series of advertising campaigns by Comcast Corp. which depicts the result of a poll that indicates that the company delivers a better high definition (HD) image than DirecTV Inc. or Dish Network in the U.S. The campaigns also criticize the claim of...
- DirecTV Floats HD Plans; Dish Inflates Basic Rates. Brady, Shirley; Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);1/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the high definition television (HDTV) commitment of cable television network DirecTV. Announcement of a high definition digital video recorder with TiVo service and a fourth HDTV channel; Incentives being given to subscribers; Plan to double its local-channel markets at the end of 2003.