Ten Years of LibQual: A Study of Qualitative and Quantitative Survey Results at the University of Mississippi 2001-2010
- Provision of Local Assisted Access to Selected Internet Information Resources by ARL Academic Libraries. Waldhart, Thomas J.; Miller, Joseph B.; Chan, Lois Mai // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p100
Discusses a study which examined the local systems that Association of Research Libraries academic libraries have developed to provide academic library more Internet access. Methods that facilitate the use of the Internet; Purpose of the study; Structure of assisted access systems;...
- Miss. graduate students have library advisors. // Library Journal;3/15/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p674
Reports on the development of the Oxford-based University of Mississippi's graduate student outreach reference library service to deal with problems of bibliographic access by students. Assignment of a permanent library advisor to each graduate student to act as guide, teacher and counselor;...
- Whose Decline?: Which Academic Libraries are "Deserted" in Terms of Reference Transactions? Applegate, Rachel // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Winter2008, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p176
This study examines reference transaction quantities reported through the Academic Library Survey of the National Center for Educational Statistics to explore whether, and the extent to which, academic libraries are seeing a decline: the beginnings of a "deserted library." Data from 2002 and...
- The JAL guide to the professional literature: Reference service. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Mar1997, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p160
Presents abstracts and book reviews on reference services for academic librarians in the United States. `The Reference Assessment Manual'; Role of the reference librarian; Categories of communication accidents in reference interviews.
- Challenge Buster. // Library Journal;3/15/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 5, p40
The article focuses on the professional achievements of Bonnie Tijerina, a digital collections services librarian at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Library.
- Alumni, Libraries and Universities: whereto the relationship. Flegg, Chris // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jan2012, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p60
Across the campuses of many of our most prestigious universities, quiet and cautious negotiations are being attempted by academic librarians wishing to craft more robust and higher value service offerings to graduates in the form of access to their information resources: these negotiations are...
- Digital Impact: Reality, the Web, and the Changed Business of Reference. Kautzman, Amy M. // Searcher;Mar99, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p18
Examines the reality of technology in the academic library's reference room and the related issues that make up modern reference services. Description of the infrastructure; Information on the hardware and software needed; Factors complicating reference collection development.
- DOING VIRTUAL REFERENCE Along With Everything Else. Garlish, Betsy Harper // Computers in Libraries;Jan2009, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the virtual reference services of Montana Virtual Reference Cooperative with the collaboration of various libraries such as Ask Montana and Montana State Library. It mentions that the 24-hour access help address subscribers' questions while having communication keys in...
- HANDLING COMPLAINTS. // Louisiana Libraries;Winter2006, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p35
The article presents guidelines issued by the Louisiana Library Association (LLA) Intellectual Freedom Committee in dealing with those who seek to censor library materials on moral or political grounds. The librarian must try to pacify the situation without committing the library to any concrete...