HBO Teams With Jeter on Documentary
- HBO sets spec for summer as Jeter nears 3,000 hits. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;7/6/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 65, p4
The article reports that the television program "Derek Jeter 3K," a chronicle of the achievements of Jeter and the New York Yankees, will be scheduled to air on Home Box Office (HBO) in summer of 2011.
- MLB strikes out at cable. DEMPSEY, JOHN // Daily Variety;3/22/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 59, p1
The article reports that Cable TV's negotiating agent In Demand and Major League Baseball (MLB) are having a dispute. The dispute is about a statement made by In Demand to the press that it will renew MLB's out-of-market games on the same terms as DirecTV. But MLB criticizes this as a strategy...
- THE SECRET LAWYERS. GORDON, LESLIE A. // Student Lawyer;Feb2011, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p26
The article profiles Elizabeth Scott, vice president (VP) at Major League Baseball (MLB) Productions, woodworker David Burling, and Joanna Geraghty, chief people officer at JetBlue. They are lawyers who have migrated to other professions. Scott is in charge of programming and business affairs,...
- Front Porch plays ball. Giardina, Carolyn // TVB Europe;Sep2010, p56
The article reports on the move of the Major League Baseball Productions to choose Front Porch Digital Inc.'s SAMMA product line to help migrate professional baseball's video archive form video-tape to digital storage in the U.S.
- A&E Plays Vintage Ball. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;5/1/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p7
Reports on a video distribution deal entered by A&E Home Video with Major League Baseball Productions in the U.S. in 2005.
- The Untouchables. // Sports Illustrated;7/30/2007, Vol. 107 Issue 4, Following p20
A review of the DVD release "Baseball's Most Unbreakable Feats," hosted by Roger Clemens is presented.
- A&E READY TO PLAY BALL. Latchem, John // Home Media Magazine;4/1/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p20
The article focuses on the digital video disc (DVD) releases of A&E Home Video and Major League Baseball Productions. The DVD releases focuses on the classic moments in World Series history. These include "The New York Yankees 1977 World Series Collector's Edition" and "Cincinnati Reds World...
- Baseball's Ultimate Rivalry. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;3/19/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p16
Announces that Shout Factory and Major League Baseball Productions will release the documentary video "Red Sox vs. Yankees: The Ultimate Rivalry" on DVD on May 2, 2006. DVD features; Remarks from Shout spokesperson Amanda Hale; Highlights of the video.
- TRADE TALK. // Film Journal International;Jan2010, Vol. 113 Issue 1, p50
The article offers news briefs in the film and theater industry. Screenvision and Major League Baseball Productions are working in partnership to bring the Official 2009 World Series Film to select theaters in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Christie has launched Microtiles, which are...