Chasing the Equestrian Set
- CHANNEL 4. // Mail on Sunday;11/24/2013, p76
Channel 4 Racing, 1.30pm Invictus goes in the 3pm Hennessy Gold Cup
- BREEDERS' CUP TO NBC. // Daily Variety;1/24/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 17, p12
The article reports that NBC Sports Network has secured multiyear rights to the Breeder's Cup, which will be held at the Santa Anita Park in Southern California on November 2-3, 2012.
- Woodbine Racing Back on TV. // Canadian Thoroughbred;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p9
The article reports that horse racing operator and entertainment company Woodbine Entertainment Group signed an agreement with the sports television network Sportsnet to broadcast four major horse racing events during in 2013 on its television channels Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet 360 in Canada.
- ALL EYES ON THE DERBY. WHITE, JOHN // Horse Racing Miscellany;2009, p46
The article offers information on the first Derby broadcast by BBC in 1927.
- How Cheltenham helps the William IV in Halifax. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;2/21/2013, Issue 90, p29
The article discusses the role of the horse racing event Cheltenham Festival in improving business of the William IV pub located in Cheltenham, England and informs that the pub will provide live television display of the race.
- Tabcorp and TVN boost racing industry. // Australian Hotelier;Jun2006, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p07
The article reports on an agreement entered between Tabcorp and thoroughbred racing broadcaster ThoroughVision that will provide support for the Australian racing industry. The return of Sydney and Victorian thoroughbred races to Sky Channel and enhancement of the TVN channel are included in the...
- A WINNER KEPT UNDER WRAPS. Leggett, William // Sports Illustrated;06/10/1974, Vol. 40 Issue 23, p64
The article discusses the reasons why horse racing remain virtually invisible on television in the U.S. despite drawing 47 million people and generating over 4 billion U.S. dollars in wagering in 1973. The Jockey Club's E. Barry Ryan says that there is not more racing on TV because people...
- C4 Racing seeks live ad partner. // Media Week;11/18/2008, Issue 1187, p4
The article reports that a 60-second live advertisement is being planned by Channel 4 in Great Britain. The advertisement will provide television viewers the latest odds before the start of major horse races. According to Channel 4 head of strategic sales Mike Parker, gambling firms and online...
- My Mom and the Belmont. Hurley, Blair // Teen Ink;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p14
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of watching the Triple Crown, a trio of horse races, on television with his family.