Digital Pirates Put in Crosshairs
- New business systems in New York. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/93, Vol. 123 Issue 50, p10
Reports on the New York City Department of Telecommunications and Energy's awarding of permission to Time Warner and Cablevision Systems Corp. to operate business telephone systems in the city. Other competing services in the market.
- CORRECTIONS. // Crain's New York Business;1/16/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p0003
A correction to the article "Dolan's Cablevision, Unplugged" in the January 9, 2012 issue is presented which discusses subscribers of Time Warner Cable and Cablevision that overlaps.
- Telecoms and Content Creators Will Get Cozy. METZ, CADE // Wired;Feb2017, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p49
The article discusses the deal through which American multinational telecommunications conglomerate, AT&T will own American cable telecommunications company, Time Warner and describes the deal as anti-consumer because it will restrict the consumer from choosing from variety of content.
- No N.Y. Cable Combo, Says TW's Rosenblum. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p8
Reports that Time Warner's New York City president, Barry Rosenblum has declared that their is no chance of alliance between Time Warner Cable and Cablevision Systems Corp. Declaration of his system's high-definition subscriber count in a public forum; Opinion on relation between cable...
- Metro Guides. DeNitto, Emily // Crain's New York Business;01/25/99, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
Announces the debut of Cablevision Systems Corp.'s MSG Metro Guide network on Time Warner Cable in New York City. Spot for former New York City Mayor Ed Koch; Changes in the channel; Other Metro Channels.
- Competition can fix cable TV. // Crain's New York Business;4/21/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p12
The article presents information the findings of a survey, according to which New Yorkers believe that the prices Time Warner Cable and Cablevision Systems charge for cable television (TV) are too high. The survey also showed that a third of Cablevision subscribers rate their service offerings...
- HD AND VOD: Ever the twain shall meet. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Sep2003, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p2
Reports that a handful of multiple system operators already have High Density Video-On-Demand (HDVOD) plans and that Cablevision Co. will be the first multiple system operators out of the blocks when it launches a commercial HDVOD service tier in the U.S. Move of Time Warner Cable for HDVOD;...
- Sell it here, sell it anywhere. Hogan // Multichannel News;12/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p6
Focuses on the cable television industry of New York City. Upgrading of facilities; Competitors' consideration of their market share; Cable incumbents Time Warner Cable and Cablevision Corp. as controlling the industry's largest cable clusters; Market size as an attraction for other cable...
- Ho, Ho, Ho: Cablevision Pops 7% Hike. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p217
Reports on the rate increases made by cable television companies in the United States as of November 2000. Rates increased by Cablevision Systems Corp. for cable customers in the New York metropolitan system; Reasons for the increase; Rate adjustment plans of Time Warner Cable; Rates raised by...