Following the Money: What Lawmakers Hold
- Upton's Portfolio Heavy on Telecom. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p38
Reports the financial disclosure of Representative Fred Upton in the United States. Selection of Upton as chairman of the House Telecommunication Subcommittee; Investment of Upton on media and telecommunication stocks; Issues facing Upton.
- capital report. // Sea Technology;Jan2011, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p51
The article offers news briefs related to politics in the U.S. The Senate passed legislation which was authored by Senator John Kerry in December 2010 that put a stop to the practice of shark finning. Representative Ralph Hall was appointed chairman of the Committee on Science and Technology...
- House Sets 3G Hearing. // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p1
Deals with the scheduled hearing on third-generation services on July 24, 2001 in the United States. Title of the hearing.
- Upton Draws Line in Sand. // Multichannel News;12/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p4
An interview with Fred Upton, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), is presented.
- NOT EXACTLY PLUGGED IN. Mullins, Brody // National Journal;1/27/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p278
Discusses the 1999 bill introduced by Michigan Representative Fred Upton, which aimed to prohibit the collection of Internet taxes. His stance on telecommunication issues; Information on his selection as chairman of the House Telecommunications Subcommittee; Views of telecommunication lobbyists...
- House takes step to update law on communications. Hattem, Julian // Hill;1/9/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the white paper released by Representatives Fred Upton and Greg Walden, the leaders of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, that outlines the need for upgrading internet, television, and telephone communications in the U.S.
- LAWMAKER PROPOSES EXTENDING THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON. Cusack, Bob // Hill;1/9/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p21
The article repirts on the proposal of Representative Fred Upton to extend the college football season in the U.S. in 2014.
- Repeat of 1970s crisis coming, energy chairman warns. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;3/15/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p20
The article reports on the admonition given by Representative Fred Upton, chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, concerning the potential emergence of a severe energy crisis in the U.S.
- Upton may face challenge from right in '12 primary. Joseph, Cameron // Hill;11/3/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 153, p11
The article reports on the primary rematch between Representative Fred Upton and former state Senator Jack Hoogendyk in Michigan.