Cable Subscriber Rolls Fall Off -- Again
- Analysts: Satellite TV May Be Reaching Peak In Canadian Market. Careless, James // Satellite News;7/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the future of satellite TV in the Canadian market. Comparison of the growth of satellite TV, cable TV and direct-to-home services; Limitations of satellite TV; Plan of Bell Expressvu to make it more competitive against cable.
- TV The Digital Decision. // Consumer Reports;Sep2001, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p36
Presents guidelines for choosing between digital cable and satellite television (TV), or keeping regular TV service. Questions to be asked before considering a TV-service upgrade; Discussion of monthly rates of satellite service, and advantages of cable and satellite TV; Recommendations. ...
- Satellite TV comes down to earth. // Consumer Reports;Jul2000, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p19
Compares the value of satellite dishes with that of cable television in the United States. Echostar; DirecTV; Quality of satellite programming; How to choose a satellite provider; Recommendations. INSET: Media giants clash, viewers suffer.
- DirecTV to offer 'Park' PPV. Hettrick, Scott // Daily Variety;11/20/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 56, p16
Reports the partnership of DirecTV and Comedy Central to offer a pay-per-view packaging of the television comedy 'South Park' in the United States. Subscription rates; Overview of the pay-per-view episodes; Projects being developed by the partners.
- Cable TV: A business in transition. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;11/27/95, Vol. 5 Issue 45, p18
Reports on the new competition within the cable television industry, namely DBS satellite or Digital satellite systems. Deregulation of cable pricing by Congress; DirecTV, a division of General Motors' Hughes Communications unit; Selling of DBS services on Wall Street; Number of homes dropping ...
- Cable exex boxed in over tech. Dempsey, John // Variety;12/04/2000, Vol. 381 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the different technologies and services which will be offered by cable operators, according to exhibitions at the 2000 Western Cable Show in Los Angeles, California. Comparison between analog and digital television; Projections on the number of cable television subscribers in the...
- Spread of satellite TV dishes losing momentum. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;10/31/2003, p4
Focuses on trends in the application of satellite television dish, wireless cable television service and cable television in Canada as on October 31, 2003. Number of subscribers to wireless cable television service in 2002; Assessment of the decline in number of cable television subscribers...
- DBS trails cable, but should grow much faster. // Communications News;Sep97, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p6
Cites The Strategis Group's report predicting the faster growth rate in the number of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) subscribers compared to cable subscribers. Number of basic cable and DBS subscribers in 1996; Projected cable operator revenue and revenue per subscriber.
- WARNER, MGM PART OF NEW CANADIAN MOVIE VOD SERVICE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/29/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p8
The article announces the impending launch of Hollywood Suite, a Toronto, Ontario-based cable, satellite television subscription movie service, in November 2011.