Mnet Makes Inroads Into Dallas Market, Via College Station
- Disney-led coalition pushing PTAR repeal. Jessell, Harry A. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/94, Vol. 124 Issue 25, p35
Reports on the campaign for the repeal of the prime time access rule's (PTAR) off-network prohibition. Formation of Disney-led Coalition to Enhance Diversity; CBS, Fox, NBC and affiliates of big three networks as members; Opposition by syndicators King World, Viacom and Group W and Fox affiliates.
- The High Def evolution is ready to walk upright. Kerschbaumer, Ken // TVB Europe;Sep2003, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the evolution of high definition television (HDTV) in the U.S. and Europe. Launch of HDTV services among the cable networks; Introduction of HD tier by DirecTV; Improvement of the prime time programming.
- ABC plots makeover. Wallenstein, Andrew // Daily Variety;5/16/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 30, p1
The article reports on the big changes planned by ABC Television Network for its prime time programs in the U.S. after adopting new drama and comedy shows in 2011.
- November Was Cable's Month. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p5
Reports on the growth made by prime time cable television shows in November 2002. Efforts made by broadcasters to launch special programs; Performance comparison of television shows in November 2002 to shows in October 2002; Information about important television channels.
- The top 20 prime-time TV programs. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;2/16/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 47, p21
The article offers a list of the top 20 primetime television (TV) programs in the U.S., including "Glee," "American Idol," and "NCIS."
- Errata. // Variety;5/30/2005, Vol. 399 Issue 2, p48
Presents a correction to the section Fall Primetime Schedule of "Variety" magazine in its May 23 to 29, 2005 edition.
- Small-Screen Sensations. Hall, Cecily // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/19/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 106, p20
Presents a chart on the top prime-time television actresses in the U.S. who are recognized and liked by a group of consumers, based on a study by Marketing Evaluations, a research company that specializes in measuring celebrity awareness.
- YOUR MONEY AND YOUR LIFE. Cook, David A. // Columbia Journalism Review;Jul/Aug1979, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p64
This article discusses the business of commercial TV in the U.S. Most U.S. citizens believe that TV entertainment comes to them free of charge, and that the only price they pay is having to endure the commercials of which they see an average of nine-and-one half minutes during each prime-time...
- ABS-CBN ends 2011 as most watched network. // Filipino Reporter;1/6/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p16
The article reports that television (TV) network ABS-CBN Corp. obtained 42 percent national audience share for prime time according to data published by Kantar Media for 2011.