Insight Auction Down to Three Bidders
- Cable Stocks Just Can't Win for Losing. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p33
The article presents information on the financial performance and stock prices of several cable television operators in the U.S. as of January 9, 2006. Leading the list of stock decliners was Charter Communications Inc., which saw its stock dropped 45.3% ($1.01 per share) between January 3, 2005...
- Insight Auction Fizzles: Sources. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/8/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p3
The article reports that the auction for New York-based cable operator Insight Communications Co. Inc. has continued to flux, which caused the drop out of its two strategic bidders, Mediacom Communications Corp. and WideOpenWest.
- Adding Speed, With Ease. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;7/18/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p68
Reports on the measures taken by cable firms to upgrade their broadband speed. Steps in upgrading speed adopted by Charter Communications Inc.; Exploration of the upper speed limits by Cablevision Systems Corp.; Challenge related to speed faced by Insight Communications Co.
- Is Cable a Safe Haven? // Multichannel News;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p86
Informs on Salomon Smith Barney Inc. analyst Niraj Gupta's rating on some United States cable television stocks. 'Buy' rating on Cablevision Systems Corp., Charter Communications Inc. and Comcast Corp.; 'Outperform' rating on Cox Communications Inc.; 'Buy' rating on Mediacom Communications Corp.
- Cablevision sells system. // Electronic Media;08/18/97, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p40
Presents information on a deal between the Cablevision Systems Corporation, and Insight Communications. What Cablevision will sell to Insight Communications.
- No Clear Winner for Insight. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p7
The article reports on the auction for Insight Communications Co. Inc., wherein bidding is left between companies WideOpenWest (WOW) which faces regulatory issues, and Mediacom Communications Corp. which has difficulty in raising finances for its bid.
- CABLE TOPS POWER PHONE POLLS. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/16/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p27
The article reports that cable systems topped the rankings in six regions, measured by the J.D. Power and Associates satisfaction survey of residential phone customers in the United States. Cablevision Systems in the mid-Atlantic region and WideOpenWest in the North Central region finished first...
- MSO Pair Claim New-Service Gains. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p39
The first-quarter earnings season for MSOs came to a close in the week preceding May 19, 2003 as Cablevision Systems Corp. and Mediacom Communications Corp. both reported strong growth in digital and high-speed data subscribers.Mediacom reported strong revenue growth (10.6%), and operating cash...
- MSOs Put Space Between Them and Adelphia Mess. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/17/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p1
Reports the action taken by Cable Systems Corp., Insight Communications Co. and Mediacom Communications Corp. to distance themselves from Adelphia Communications scandal in Coudersport, Pennsylvania. Series of accounting irregularities of Adelphia; Denial of companies of the common practice...