Viacom to Ops: Pay Up for iPad-Video Rights
- Cablevision's Viacom fight is one for the books. Lisanti, Joseph // Variety;3/18/2013, Vol. 430 Issue 4, p3
The article considers the U.S. lawsuit filed by cable television industry firm Cablevision Systems against mass media industry company Viacom over the practicing of bundling of broadcasting rights for cable television networks in relationship to Cablevision's finances.
- Cablers streaming mad. Marich, Robert // Variety;8/1/2011, Vol. 423 Issue 11, p25
The article discusses litigation between the media company Viacom and two cable television companies Time Warner Cable and Cablevision Systems, focusing on the dispute over the rights of streaming content on Apple computer company's iPad tablet computer.
- Garbage in, garbage out? Krauss, Jeffrey // CED;Sep2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p82
Comments on key issues relevant to retransmission consent agreements in the cable sector. Obligations of cable television broadcasters to deliver perfect signals to subscribers; Key stipulations of retransmission consent agreements; Implications on the cable television sector.
- Local Ban Shouldn't Stunt Cable in Pakistan. Sehgal, Rashme // Multichannel News;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p96
Focuses on the impact of the decision of a Pakistani province to ban cable television on the pay TV industry in Pakistan. Efforts from public and private sectors to expand cable TV services; Establishment of Pakistan Communication Ltd. to oversee the issuance of operator licenses; Plans of the...
- Fine Living cables deals. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;9/25/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 81, p6
Reports on the carriage deals signed by lifestyle network Fine Living with DirecTV and Time Warner Cable in the U.S. Features of the channel; Advantages of having a national presence for the network.
- Viacom ? a Broadcaster. McAdams, Deborah D. // TV Technology;7/25/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p6
The article presents information on the American Television Alliance which is a network of cable television operators in the U.S. regarding broadcast of television channels of the Viacom Inc.
- Viacom in crosshairs in bundling debate. Poggi, Jeanine // Advertising Age;3/4/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on a legal dispute between cable television providers Cablevision and Viacom in 2013. Cablevision is suing Viacom, alleging that the company is forcing the cable network to pay for fourteen lower-rated television networks through bundling agreements. It reports on the various...
- WILL COURTS DECIDE A LA CARTE? Poggi, Jeanine // Advertising Age;3/11/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p11
The article examines a lawsuit filed by cable television provider Cablevision against distributor Viacom in 2013. Cablevision alleges that Viacom's bundling packages forces it to carry unpopular networks and inhibits competition in the cable television industry. The article speculates on the...
- MAINLAND MOVEMENT. Ghahremani, Yasmin // Daily Variety;1/10/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 5, p64
Reports on the granting of limited landing rights to American television company Bloomberg Television in mainland China. Terms in the license; Advantage of the landing rights for the company; Speculations on the impact of the license on the financial status of the company.