Solving Employee Issues
- Public Notice. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);6/15/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 24, p3B
The article offers information on the Summer Food Service Program in Marble Falls, Texas, wherein, the Boys & Girls Club of the Highland Lakes participates in the program.
- Summer feeding climbs 2%. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p76
Reports on a study by the United States General Accounting Office which shows an increase in the number of children and meals served through the Summer Food Service Program in 1998. Problems faced by the programs; Percentage increase in children served after reduced reimbursements resulting...
- GETTING THE MESSAGE ACROSS: For nutrition education, the younger the better. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p12
Reports that most food service operators believe that it is best to target the younger children to teach about nutrition and to encourage good eating habits. Why high school students are more interested in nutrition; Ways of promoting healthy eating in an Alabama school district; Best age to...
- News Bites. // Chef Magazine;Jul2010, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p6
The article offers news briefs related to food service industry in the U.S. including the launch of Chefs Move to Schools, a program created by the First Lady Michelle Obama, in June 2010, the addition of 428,000 jobs by restaurants for the 2010 summer season, and the 30th annual Napa Valley...
- Street Eats. JENKINS, ELIZABETH // Parenting School Years;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p50
The article features several food trucks that can be found in the U.S. and offers information on the foods available for children.
- Special hospital menu designed for children adds colour and spice. // Paediatric Nursing;Mar2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that Newham University Hospital National Health Service (NHS) Trust in London, England offers children a specialty menu that features colorful and flavorful foods.
- ASFSA industry seminar honors high achievers. // Food Management;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p14
Highlights the 1999 Foodservice Achievement & Management Excellence awards. Recognition given to child nutrition professionals who demonstrate high levels of creativity, enthusiasm and dedication; Sponsor of the event.
- Managing absenteeism and sick days. Reid-Williams, Lynette; Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p26
Discusses effective methods that United States foodservice operators use to reduce absenteeism and to discourage employees from taking the maximum personal and sick days to which they are entitled. Proper scheduling of leave time; Travel reward drawings and cash for unused days; Task of...
- Lunchroom Revolution. PISCOPO, LAUREN // Natural Solutions;Dec2010/Jan2011, Issue 130, p64
An interview with former chef Ann Cooper is presented. When asked how she goes from a fine dining chef into a lunch lady, she says that she starts to think what was wrong in the food supply and why food is making everyone sick including the children. Cooper believes that school lunches are...