STEAL THIS IDEA
- Guest Chefs Galore. // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the decision of the University of Massachusetts to extend the popular Guest Chef series dining concept. Winters can be cold and boring at the university, according to Ken Toong, director of dining services on the 13,000-student campus. Each entry in the series included a...
- Mass appeal: Dining hall gets upgrade. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;11/20/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 47, p48
The article announces the opening of Berkshire Dining Commons, an upscale food service facility, by University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Massachusetts. The project opened during Labor Day weekend, is the university's first major renovation in about 40 years and designed for competition with...
- BETTER REIMBURSABLE MEALS: OAKLAND USD UPGRADES. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the Deli Delite sandwich program at Oakland Unified School District's high school cafeterias in spring 2003. Response of students to the program; Other meal included in the program; Advantage of the program to students; Cost of sandwich.
- MENU TRENDS: ON-SITE SALES Drivers SANDWICHES. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;6/21/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p36
Reports on the increase in the demand for sandwiches with upscale ingredients in the United States. Efforts of on-site operators to please the increasingly sophisticated palates of customers who want more upscale breads and sandwich ingredients; Sandwich selections at Ashland University's...
- A 'made-to-order' biz. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p104
Focuses on the emphasis on sandwiches as the main food offering of school food service businesses in the United States. Introduction of do-it-yourself and custom-made sandwich selections; Turkey sandwiches as the most popular selection; Case examples at Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont and...
- Grilled cheese still no.1. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p116
Focuses on trends in sandwiches offered by food services at schools in the United States. Which sandwiches are most popular; What some food service operators at schools in various states are offering; Comments from food service operators.
- School Adds Subway Concept. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that Kecoughtan High School in Hampton City, Virginia has opened a Subway food service concept station. Julia Bryant, director of food and nutrition services, says she has decided to put the Subway in because of customer suggestions. Bryant adds that the Subway sandwiches fit...
- DELI DIVERSIFIES. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p69
Looks at the diversity of sandwich offerings in the U.S. school food service market. Number of deli bars at the Wood Dining Services operation in the school districts of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; Variety of sandwich offerings in the food service market; Trend toward wraps in Vermont; Examples of...
- SOUP it up! // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the popularity of soup among meal producers and consumers in the U.S. Variety of soup offered at Fairport Central School in New York; Favorite soup of students; Comments from Steve Myers, executive chef at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.