Charter Adds HBO Go, MAX Go; TWC, Cablevision Holding Out
- ON THE MOVE. Alleyne, Sonia // Black Enterprise;Apr2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p58
Talks about personnel changes in several business enterprises in the U.S. as of April 2004. Recruitment of Sherri N. Blount for Morrison & Foerster; Appointment of Olivia Smashum at HBO; Job responsibilities of Joiava Philpott at Charter Communications Inc.
- HBO Home Video. // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p44
Reports on motion picture video releases from HBO Home Video for the fourth quarter of 1996.
- New video ventures. Shakespeare, Tonia L.; Hayes, Cassandra // Black Enterprise;May96, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p66
Reports on the video contracts that HBO Home Video has acquired from several movie outfits. Includes the videotapes `White Man's Burden'; `Tuskegee Airmen'; `Straight Out of Brooklyn'; `Cosmic Slop'; Role that Henry McGee played to negotiate the release of the films.
- HBO to produce hour dramas. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;1/24/94, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p148
Reports on Home Box Office's (HBO) plans for 1994. Entry into the one-hour drama business; Statistics on HBO' success in 1993; Growth in subscriber base; Return of comedian Dennis Miller as host of a weekly, half-hour show; Lineup of original movies and documentaries for 1994; Extension of...
- HBO launches in-room video services network. // Hotel & Motel Management;3/22/93, Vol. 208 Issue 5, p41
Reports on the introduction of the Home Box Office (HBO) Visitor Information Network to hotels. Providing in-room video services; Features of the service; Rolling out in several states.
- Talk about a running gag. Waters, H.F.; Cohen, A. // Newsweek;5/29/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 22, p62
Reports that Home Box Office plans to launch a new, all-comedy channel this fall, featuring video clips from comedy films, movies, live stand-up performances, original sitcoms, and studio hosts. Competing channels are developing their own all-comedy channels.
- HBO burnishes brand. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/97, Vol. 127 Issue 44, p54
States that Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) will replace its entire stable of promotional breaks and on-air IDs with a series of segments featuring the HBO logo as the lead character in a variety of stan-alone stories. Promotion of HBO as an entertainment channel with diverse movies; Partnership...
- Checkbook journalism. Brennan, Steve; Galloway, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;12/11/95, Vol. 340 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the interest on newspaper and magazine scribes as source of material for HBO's projects. HBO's acquisition of rights to a New York Times magazine piece about the prison system titled `Terror on an Eight-Hour Shift'; Confirmation of the sale.
- New look for HBO debuts Nov. 1 on cable channel. // Brandweek;10/27/97, Vol. 38 Issue 40, p5
States that Home Box Office Incorporated will launch a on-air image campaign on November 1, 1997. Details on the first redesign of the net's look in its 25-year history; Comments from Marc Rosenberg, dir-image, interstitial and development.