BEST OF MULTICHANNEL.COM
- Nexstar Explores Sale. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p11
The article reports on the plan of Irving, Texas-based Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc., to explore a sale of the entire company. It notes that the television station operator aims to sale the entire company by tapping Moelis & Co. to run the auction with Kirkland & Ellis LLP to handle the legal...
- Verizon CEO denies AOL merger talks. Hattem, Julian // Hill;1/7/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p13
The article reports that Lowell McAdam, chief executive officer (CEO) of communications company Verizon Communications, has denied the company's planned buying of mass media corporation AOL.
- CALENDAR. // Crain's Detroit Business;8/18/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p0013
A calendar of events for Michigan from August 19 to September 17, 2014 is presented which includes a course for business owners, a lunch meeting with chairman of Verizon Communications Lowell McAdam, and a leadership breakfast with writer Josh Linkner discussing his book â€œThe Road to...
- FIOS eyes Redbox rev-up. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;1/8/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 2, p2
The article reports that Lowell McAdam, chief executive officer (CEO) of Verizon Communications Inc., expects Redbox Instant by Verizon, which will be launched in late 2013, to increase penetration of its FiOS video service.
- Fighting words are in the air. // CED;Sep2011, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the communications engineering industry. Comcast Corp. filed a case against DirecTV Inc. under the accusation of deceptive advertisement. ActiveVideo Networks Inc. filed an enjoinment case against Verizon Communications Inc. for allegedly using...
- Smooth sailing in rough seas. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p19
An interview with Verizon Wireless chief executive Lowell McAdam is presented. McAdam said the industry needs to do a better job telling legislators that heavy-handed regulation is not good for consumers because it will only increase costs and stifle innovation. He noted that Verizon Wireless is...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;11/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p5
Presents new briefs on television broadcasting in the U.S. as of November 2005. Overview of a multiyear retransmission-consent deal between Insight Communications Co. Inc. and Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc.; Information on a distribution pact of Verizon Communications Inc. with Oxygen; Closure...
- GSN Cries Foul Against Cablevision. // Multichannel News;10/17/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p28
The article reports that GSN has filed a program-carriage complaint against cable provider Cablevisions Systems Corp., claiming that the cable provider used its market power to favor affiliated networks which violates Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules.
- Court Denies Viacom's Motion to Dismiss Cablevision Antitrust Suit. LAFAYETTE, JON // Multichannel News;6/23/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p4
The article cites the decision of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York to deny Viacom's request to dismiss a suit filed by Cablevision System in February 2013 that charges the programmer with antitrust violations over the way it bundles its cable networks.