Let the Games Begin (In a Year)
- Verizon FiOS Brings NBCUniversal's 2012 Olympics. // Telephone IP News;Aug2012, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on a multiplatform content offering announced by Verizon FiOS for NBCUniversal's coverage of the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games. It states that the offering represents the largest number of total Olympic hours ever. According to Terry Denson of Verizon, the company is...
- The Olympics ESPN Upends TV Sports. Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;6/6/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 22, p31
The article examines the competition for the U.S. television broadcasting rights to the Olympic Games. The resignation of Dick Ebersol as head of NBC Sports is discussed in terms of its possible impact on NBC Universal's bid to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for the rights. A bid from...
- Going for the Gold (Standard). Thielman, Sam // Adweek;4/9/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 14, p12
The article discusses media and entertainment company NBC Universal's (NBCU) coverage of the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England, focusing on NBCU's partnership with Internet company Google and digital media measurement company comScore Inc. on a program designed to analyze the viewing habits...
- Second-Screen Sports Options Circumventing TV Rights Pacts. Shields, Mike // Adweek;4/9/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 14, p12
The article discusses the second-screen television advertising platform as of April 2012, focusing on the sports television network ESPN and its GameCast viewing application, and the impact of the GameCast viewership of the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England on entertainment company NBC...
- Gearing Up for the Games. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;5/7/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 23/24, p2
The article offers information on the 2012 Summer Olympic Games which will be held in London, England on July 27, 2012.
- Gold medal for Great initiative as VisitBritain showcases UK's best. Hawthorne, Janelle // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Nov2012, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p47
The article reports the financing of London 2012 Olympics Games and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee to promote the tourism of Great Britain.
- billy masters. // Bay Windows;8/9/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p14
The article provides an answer to a question concerning the impact of the 2012 London Olympic Games on the public.
- ON YOUR MARKS…. Challinor, David // Optometry Today;7/29/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 15, p8
The author discusses the impact of the 2012 Olympic Games on the summer vacation plans of residents and the business of retail opticians in London, England.
- 'Wireless' media pose Olympics challenge. // PRWeek (London);2/3/2012, p15
The article reports that the record number of media expected to join the London 2012 Olympic and Paralymic Games presents a logistical challenge, with a need to assign up to 20,000 wireless frequencies.