Cisco to Offload Set-Top Plant
- Cisco to Cut 6,500 Jobs in Cost Cutting Effort. Davis, Jessica // Channel Insider;7/18/2011, p1
The article reports on the initiative of Cisco Systems Inc. to eliminate 6,500 jobs as part of its effort to cut costs and simplify the organization. It says that the cuts are part of Cisco's annual operating expense reduction amounting 1 billion dollars. It states that the cuts include about...
- TOP TEN. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Sep2011, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p84
The article offers information on the top 10 most-read news highlights from SMTonline in September 2011. It mentions that the top news highlights includes the acquisition of HansaMatrix of Medical Certification ISO 13485:2003, the 6.7% increased in revenue of Sanmina-SCI Corp., and the sales...
- Midweek Mergers: May 28. Donoghue, Sophie // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Capacity brings you the latest mergers and acquisitions in the wholesale arena. If you have any deals you'd like us to share, please tweet us @capacitymag or email email@example.com.
- SOLD! // CableFAX Daily;11/18/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 225, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of S-A by U.S. cable television operator Cisco. The move gives Cisco entry into the set-top box market. An estimated 40% of the market is accounted to S-A.
- All's Clear. // CableFAX Daily;1/4/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p2
Reports that the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) did not voice out any objections to the purchase of S-A by Cisco.
- Chinese Apple Workers' spate of suicides. // Green Left Weekly;6/9/2010, Issue 840, p24
The article reports on the increase in the number of suicide cases at Foxconn Electronics Inc. in China.
- Foxconn to Open Indonesian Plant. C. D. // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;Sep2012, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p14
The article reports that Foxconn will open a factory in Serang, Indonesia.
- Foxconn to set up 12 manufacturing units in Sri City. // Electronics For You;Aug2015, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p88
The article focuses on the plans of the mobile phone manufacturer Foxconn regarding setting up a manufacturing facility in Sri City in Andhra Pradesh, India.
- iPhone maker Foxconn invests $40 million in the US. // Flare (Pakistan);Dec2013, p78
The are reporting that Taiwan's Foxconn is planning to invest 40 million dollars in the U.S. to strengthen high-end products manufacturing .