First Half of '11 Was Rosy for Cable Stocks
- Brazil's pay TV biz rides solid sub gain. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Daily Variety;2/12/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 32, p30
The article reports on the market performance of the pay television sector of Brazil in 2006. The Brazilian pay television sector had its best performance since 2000, with the total sub base inclusive of cable, satellite and other operations increasing by 11% to approximately 4.5 million at the...
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;6/16/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p30
Several charts are presented which provide data on the financial performance of various companies related to cable television industry in the U.S. as of 2014 including one on market index, another satellite television (TV), and one on the equipment vendor.
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;3/31/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p24
Several charts are presented which provide data on the financial performance of various companies related to cable television industry in the U.S. in 2014 including one on satellite television one on percentage gainers, one on Standard & Poor's 500 index and one on Netflix shares.
- STUDY: CABLE TV BILLS UP 7.5%. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/20/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p2
The article focuses on the financial performance of Centris LLC in the cable industry in the U.S. According to the survey by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association, the average payments of cable and satellite-television services have increased up to 7.5 percent despite the global...
- Tenacious Cable Collects Winnings. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;5/14/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of the cable television industry in the U.S. During the annual convention of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA), cable companies were said to report higher revenues and earnings. It cites the advantage cable companies have...
- REPORT: PAY-TV MARKET RESILIENT. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;9/19/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 38, p8
The article reports on a decline in the number of U.S. cable and satellite television subscribers during the second quarter of 2011, according to data from IHS.
- NPD: CABLE STILL DOMINATING VOD. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;10/1/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p12
The article reports that the Internet video on demand (VOD) rental industry is being dominated by cable and satellite markets, which was revealed by The NPD Group Inc.
- Cablers losing ground. Lisanti, Joseph // Variety;3/12/2012, Vol. 426 Issue 5, p4
The article reports that while American cable television providers lost subscribers in the fourth fiscal quarter of 2011, American telecommunications companies and satellite television providers gained subscribers.
- Digital pay TV subs in E. Europe to grow to 74 million by 2020. // Russian Telecom;Apr2014, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on a forecast by Digital TV Research Ltd. regarding increase in the number of digital pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe from 26.1 million in 2010 to 45.0 million in 2013. It is mentioned that the halfway mark of TV households have been crossed by digital TV penetration in...