Out the Gate: ESPN's Longhorn Network
- ESPN Exec on Deals: 'It's Good Pressure' Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/30/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p14
The article presents the insights of David Preschlack, chief executive at ESPN regarding the competition among sports channels indicating that the pressure felt by ESPN motivates them to continue better.
- ESPN Hooks Texas Longhorns Network. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;1/24/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p3
The article focuses on the network that will be put up by ESPN for the University of Texas in September 2011. It states that the 24-hour unnamed service will be located in Austin according to the 20-year, 300 million dollars contract between IMG College and the university. It says that the...
- UT Takes to TV. Rosenberg, Michael // Sports Illustrated;1/31/2011, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p16
The article examines an agreement between the University of Texas and the cable television company ESPN to create a cable television network solely devoted to programming of the university's sports teams.
- ESPN pacts for net at U. of Texas. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;1/20/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 14, p5
The article reports on the 300 million-dollar business deal between ESPN and the University of Texas for the establishment of a channel dedicated to the sporting events in the University.
- ESPN BOWS 'TV EVERYWHERE' HOW-TO VIDEO. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p8
The article offers information on a promotional spot aired by ESPN which explains how authenticated viewers can watch repurposed sports programming on laptops, tablets and related portable media devices.
- ESPN racks up rugby site. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;8/22/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 37, p19
The article reports on the acquisition of a sport Website www.scrum.com from Scrum Ltd. by ESPN Inc., a sport broadcasting network. It is stated that the acquisition of the Website boosted ESPN's online presence and improves its service in providing rugby sports news. According to Russell Wolff,...
- Sports Networks Continue To Bolster Their Broadband Rosters. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p12B
Reports that major U.S. cable sports networks continue to expand the broadband content available on their web sites as a way to extend their television brands online and to help operators push cable-modem service. Increase in revenue generated from subscription to broadband services; Networks...
- ESPN's hare-raising Ryder Cup deal recalled. Verdi, Bob // Golf World;2/22/2008, Vol. 61 Issue 26, p56
The author reflects on the deal of ESPN, a television network, to broadcast the Ryder Cup matches at the Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia. He comments on the re-entry of the network into the sport that once covered the Professional Golfers' Association of America Tour. The author states...
- ESPN collates content to create major sports portal. // New Media Age;8/6/2009, p06
The article focuses on the campaign of sports network ESPN for ESPN.co.uk following its purchase of Premier League rights in Great Britain in 2009. The media campaign for ESPN.co.uk will include contents from ESPNsoccernet as well as from ESPNcricinfo. ESPN aims to put additional content to the...