Emmy Nods Not So Predictable This Time
- Life with Louie. Heuring, David // Digital Video;Jul2012, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p18
The article focuses on the collaboration between cinematographer Paul Koestner and comedian Louis C. K. during the production of the television show "Louie." It says that C. K. serves as writer, director, and editor of the show while Koestner keeps the light sources on stand-by for future use....
- WNBC leads N.Y. Emmy race. // Daily Variety;3/13/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 9, p4
Presents the Emmy Awards 2002 nominees in the U.S.
- WHERE THE GAGS WRITE THEMSELVES? // Daily Variety;8/22/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 37, p7
The article focusses on the disconnection between the comedy writing and series nomination categories in Emmy Awards. Professor David Isaacs considers the writing branch as a little more attunded to the series nomination. It mentions that "Parks and Recreation" and "Louie" both received writing...
- CBS leads Daytime Emmy nominations. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p26
Focuses on the nominees for the Daytime Emmy Awards in New York City. Number of nominations for CBS; Rank of 'All My Children' television soap opera from ABC; Nominees for the talk show category.
- More emmys to them. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p45
Reports on the 1999 Emmy Awards. Awarding of past winners including Helen Hunt and Dennis Franz; Relevance of the awards; Outrage over the perceived snub of `The Sopranos'; Comments from television industry members.
- AND THE WINNER IS... NOT ME! Leifer, Carol // Entertainment Weekly;9/10/2010, Issue 1119, p25
The article presents a comical look at the experience that nominees for a Primetime Emmy Award have at the awards ceremony when they do not win.
- EMMY'S GREATEST MOMENTS. O'Neil, Tom; Geier, Thom // Entertainment Weekly;9/20/2002, Issue 673, p17
Traces the head-turning moments or happenings in the history of Emmy Awards for television shows.
- On with the SHOW. // People;11/19/2001, Vol. 56 Issue 21, p198
Focuses on the 2001 Emmy Awards Show and discusses television shows that won awards.
- Kelley doubles; HBO goes to `Moon.' Richmond, Ray // Variety;07/27/98, Vol. 371 Issue 11, p21
Provides information on the 1998 Primetime Emmy Awards for television programs in the United States. Date and venue of the award presentation; Listings of the nominees; Nominations of actor David E. Kelley.