No Clear Winner for Insight
- Insight Auction Fizzles: Sources. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/8/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p3
The article reports that the auction for New York-based cable operator Insight Communications Co. Inc. has continued to flux, which caused the drop out of its two strategic bidders, Mediacom Communications Corp. and WideOpenWest.
- CPE: Digital transport adapters expand their horizons. Robuck, Mike // CED;Sep2012, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p14
In this article the author focuses on the importance of digital transport adapters (DTAs) in the family of customer premises equipment (CPE). He informs that vendors such as Motorola Inc. and Comcast Corp. along with Mediacom Communications Corp. and WideOpenWest have exercised DATs in order to...
- MSOs Put Space Between Them and Adelphia Mess. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/17/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p1
Reports the action taken by Cable Systems Corp., Insight Communications Co. and Mediacom Communications Corp. to distance themselves from Adelphia Communications scandal in Coudersport, Pennsylvania. Series of accounting irregularities of Adelphia; Denial of companies of the common practice...
- Industry Seeks Distance From Adelphia Troubles. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);6/17/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p22
Presents information on the defense of some cable companies in relation to the issues of the aggressive accounting practices of the company Adelphia Communications in the U.S. Decline in the shares and bonds of Adelphia; Views of some analysts on the performance of other companies; Stance of...
- Small Ops Buck the Economy. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/18/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p23
The article reports on the plans of Insight Communications Co. Inc. and Mediacom Communications Corp. to expand their subscribers in 2009 first quarter in the U.S. In 2007-2008, Insight has reached 5% growth in annual basic subscribers, 19,900 high speed Internet customers and 30,700 digital...
- Insight Auction Down to Three Bidders. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/27/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p3
The article reports on the developments in the auction for Insight Communications Co. Inc. in 2011, wherein, only three bidders left, such as Mediacom Communications Corp., Cablevision Systems Corp. and WideOpenWest Holdings LLC. It says that several bidders have withdrawn from the auction...
- Cable Stocks Just Can't Win for Losing. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p33
The article presents information on the financial performance and stock prices of several cable television operators in the U.S. as of January 9, 2006. Leading the list of stock decliners was Charter Communications Inc., which saw its stock dropped 45.3% ($1.01 per share) between January 3, 2005...
- Digital TV for 200 bucks. Greppi, Michelle // Electronic Media;11/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p4
Reports on the use of Salt Lake City residents to road-test WOW Digital Television's set-top box believed to be a shortcut to the digital Promised Land. Dissemination of 30 to 50 set top boxes; Schedule of the launch of WOW Boxes; Price of the WOW Box.
- WOW! Business expands high-speed Internet service to Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Kansas. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;1/23/2015, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p4
The article focuses on the move of WOW! Business to expand its high-speed Internet service to businesses in Georgia, Kansas, and Alabama as it continues to deploy new plans that deliver up to 110 Mbit/s downstream and 15 Mbit/s upstream.