walking with the giants
- The Shoes Fit. // Wireless Review;12/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p26
Presents a list of the top 10 telecommunication companies in the United States in 2000. Verizon Wireless; Cingular Wireless; AT&T Wireless; Sprint PCS. INSET: With Leadership Comes Responsibility.
- Competitors gain from high sub losses at AWS. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p3
Deals with the advantages of the loss of customers of AT&T Wireless Services (AWS) to other wireless phone companies. Reason for the loss of customers of AWS; Customer growth of Cingular Wireless from the first quarter of 2003; Benefits of the troubles of AWS to Sprint PCS.
- Weathering The Storm. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the addition of customers in the list of wireless telecommunication carriers in the United States. Subscribers added by Sprint PCS; Subscribers of AT&T Wireless; Customers signed up by Cingular Wireless.
- Season Rings In New Tones. // Wireless Week;12/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p37
Reports on the cellular telephone service providers in the United States which launched ring tones and graphics for the 2001 holiday season. Sprint PCS; AT&T Wireless; Cingular Wireless.
- Service Costs Remain Flat. // Wireless Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p20
Reports on the average cost of wireless service in the U.S. in November 2003. Reduction in the minutes included in the call plan of AT&T Wireless; Consequence in the alteration of the plans and promotions of Cingular Wireless and Verizon Wireless; Percentage of decline in the cost of Sprint...
- U.S. LAGS BEHIND. Elkin, Tobi // Advertising Age;12/2/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 48, p12
The article reports on the adoption of inter-carrier messaging in the United States by six providers, AT& Wireless, Cingular Wireless, Nextel, Sprint PCS, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless. Statistics indicate that the United States lags behind those countries in Europe in terms of the usage of text...
- Dropped calls. Tran, Muoi // Fortune;9/15/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p36
Presents a chart showing the performance of various cellular telephone companies as of September 2003. AT&T Wireless; Cingular; Nextel; Sprint PCS; T-Mobile; Verizon Wireless; Number of customers.
- Treo nearing real-world entry. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;10/6/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p37
Sprint PCS Group, Cingular Wireless LLC, AT & T Wireless Services Inc. and T-Mobile USA Inc. all plan to start selling the Palm OS-based smart phone in the Fall. Sprint PCS will start selling the device for approximately $500 this month, according to officials at the Overland Park, Kansas....
- Customers: Quality vs. Quantity. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the risk faced by wireless carriers in the U.S. in adding credit-challenged customers. Result of the Clear Pay program of Sprint PCS; Opinion on a national program launched by T-Mobile; Main problem with the practice of carriers; Strategy of AT& Wireless and Cingular Wireless.