In-Stat Market Snapshot
- California fabs get power to choose. McGrath, Dylan // Electronic News (10616624);04/13/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2214, p6
Reports on the effect of California's power industry deregulation on its semiconductor manufacturers' fabrication facilities. Emphasis of fabrication facilities on power reliability rather than cost; Dependence of the semiconductor industry on solid power quality; Challenges of supplying power...
- Oki to build $400M fab for memory, logic devices. Hottinger, Katie // Electronic News;5/9/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2013, p2
Announces Oki's plan to add a semiconductor capacity to its Miyagi Prefecture, Japan production plant. Schedule of construction; Start of mass production of semiconductor wafers in first quarter of 1996; Production of Oki chips; Foundry for silicon companies; Oki's commitment to semiconductor...
- July book-bill at 1.04; consistent with season. // Electronic News;8/15/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2027, p58
Reveals that the preliminary July 1994 book-to-bill ratio for companies competing in the North American market is 1.04, according to data collected by World Semiconductor Trade Statistics released by the Semiconductor Industry Association. North American semiconductor book-to-bill ratios for the...
- Book-to-bill rises to 1.15 in February. // Electronic News;3/14/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2005, p50
Reports on the third consecutive monthly increase in the North American semiconductor market's book-to-bill ratio as noted in February 1994 by the Semiconductor Industry Association from figures compiled by World Semiconductor Trade Statistics. List of monthly book-to-bill ratios from February...
- Semiconductors Industry Profile: Asia-Pacific. // Semiconductors Industry Profile: Asia-Pacific;Dec2005, p1
Presents a profile of the Semiconductors industry in Asia-Pacific. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the...
- Semiconductor industry safety record is cited by U.S. // Electronic News;9/12/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2031, p60
Focuses on the safety statistics for the semiconductor industry according to the Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics. Reduction in work-related injury and illness incidence rates.
- November book-to-bill dips slightly. Hardie, Crista // Electronic News;12/18/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2096, p48
States that the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) reported that in November 1995, the book-to-bill ratio subsided to 1.14 after a record October. What a book-to-bill ratio means; Chart of the ratios for the last 13 months starting with November 1994.
- data BANK. // Advanced Packaging;Mar2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p48
Graphs semiconductor industry data as of December 2003. North American semiconductor equipment book-to-bill ratio; Worldwide semiconductor revenue.
- DFM needs new collaborative mindset. Fitzgerald, Kevin // Solid State Technology;Jun2004, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p10
Editorial. Discusses the importance of collaboration in the design for manufacturing (DFM) segment of the semiconductor industry. Need for DFM tools to adapt to novel materials at each new process node; Value of DFM in reducing product development costs and time to market.