- Carriers May Face Slower Third Quarter. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/23/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 34, p18
Predicts the slower growth of the wireless communication market in the third quarter of 2002. Challenges faced by carriers; Charter plan for the global system for mobile communication service of Sprint PCS; Reduction on the projected profit of Sprint.
- Breaking new ground. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;11/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p38
Reports on the unlimited-usage pricing plan for the PCS Vision service of Sprint PCS. Monthly charges for the service; Other carriers that use the device-centric approach to data pricing; Challenges faced by the company in its pricing model.
- LV native's website serves contractors across U.S. Burbank, Jeff // Las Vegas Business Press;10/23/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p26
Reports on developments in technology in Las Vegas, Nevada for the period ended October 23, 2000. Launching of the everycontractor.com Web site that contains the largest database of information on the construction industry on the Internet, by resident David Johnson; Deal between Spring PCS and...
- Sprint's Got AOL. Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;07/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p19
Focuses on the agreement formed by America Online (AOL) with Sprint PCS' Wireless Web. Key part of the AOL strategy; How Sprint PCS subscribers can access the AOL; Other services included in the Wireless Web.
- Spring Warns Of Lower Adds. // Wireless Week;6/17/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p4
Reports on the warning issued by Sprint PCS concerning a lower additional subscribers for the first quarter of 2002. Effects of the news on the stocks of the company; Anticipated growth in the subscribers of Sprint PCS.
- Carriers stuck with handset subsidies. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p1
Reveals that the practice of cellular telephone services carriers in the U.S. to subsidize handset to lure in customers will continue in the future. Competition among carriers to sign in customers; Percentage of cellular telephone service customers who got their handset for less than $100;...
- U.S. carriers wary of implementing EV-DO. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p3
Deals with the opposition of wireless systems vendors and wireless carriers on the implementation of EV-DO technology in the United States. Vendors who have invested in EV-DO technology; Plan of Sprint PCS for the implementation of EV-DO technology; Benefits of the technology for the wireless...
- Limited vision. Wright, Maury // EDN;1/9/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p20
Presents author's views on the performance and policies of the cellular telephone services industry as of January 9, 2003. Facilities provided by Sprint PCS in its 2.5/3G Vision wireless data service; Expectations Sprint from the users availing the service; Various offers given by cellular...
- Sprint PCS, it's up to you. Seybold, Andrew // Wireless Week;3/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p24
Discusses the possible role of Sprint PCS on the increase of wireless data users in 2002. Identity of wireless operators that have cut prices in their services; Reason behind the potential of Sprint PCS to lead in pricing.