Nordic Consolidation Fits Vodafone's Growth Strategy
- Vodafone partners with Radiolinja. // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p19
Talks about a partner agreement between Vodafone Group PLC and Oy Radiolinja. Purpose of the agreement; Terms under the agreement.
- Finland. // RCR;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p27
Reports on Nokia Oy's entry into an agreement with Radiolinja for a mobile communication solution in Finland.
- Let's All Join Hands. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;09/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the continuation of a merger talks between Vodafone AirTouch and Bell Atlantic Corp. in the United States (US). Reasons for the two companies' strained relations in early 1999; Significance of the merger to Vodafone; Statistics on customers of Vodafone worldwide.
- European Hostility. Hanes, Kathryn // Global Finance;Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p5
Comments on the acquisition of Britain's Vodafone AirTouch by Mannesmann of Germany. Impact of the deal on international investors' perceptions about Europe and the corporate management; Opinion of foreign companies on takeover attacks in Europe.
- Weird Handshakes And Kisses: Welcome To The Wireless Fold. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;02/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p12
Deals with several issues related to the consolidation of Vodafone AirTouch plc and Mannesmann AG. Remarks from Mike Caldwell, Vodafone's chief spokesman; Reasons as to why Telefonica de Espana and British Telecom cancelled their proposed merger deal; Cultural implications of the deal.
- Vodafone Gets Down To Business, Peels Orange. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p16
Reports the status of the Internet business of Vodafone AirTouch plc in England. Status of its acquisition of companies; Advantages of the acquisitions to its business operations.
- Vodafone increases its stake in Japan Telecom as planned. // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p5
Reports on the purchase of stock shares of Japan Telecom by Vodafone Group PLC. Remarks from Chris Gent, president of Vodafone Group; Effect of Vodafone's purchase on Japan Telecom's management.
- Polemics And Posturing Near The Takeover Front. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p25
Focuses on the deadline set for the buy out offered by Vodafone AirTouch PLC for Mannesmann AG. Information on the wireless Internet portal architecture planned by Vodafone.
- Reaching for the pinnacle. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;06/07/99, Vol. 236 Issue 23, p72
Focuses on Vodafone AirTouch, resulted from the merger between the wireless telecommunication giants Vodafone and AirTouch. Its status as a wireless giant; Its size; Impact of the merger among carriers; Differences between the two companies.