Carriers Reassure Rural Landscape Will Experience Minimal Erosion
- One network, two GSM players. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the joint venture forged by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Cingular Wireless. Aims of the joint venture; Reason of the companies for forging a joint venture.
- Cingular, AT&T Will Split Costs. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the agreement between Cingular Wireless and AT&T Wireless to share the cost of building out global system for mobile communication/general packet radio service (GSM/GPRS) coverage along interstate highways in nine states in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Expectations from the joint...
- AT&T Wireless, Cingular Forge GSM Venture, as Verizon Rolls Out Advanced Wireless Data Network. Spector, Phillip L. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q1, p1
The article reports that At&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless have formed a joint venture and Verizon Wireless has launched advanced mobile data network offerings. The venture will expand wireless GSM coverage along 3,000 miles of interstate highways to provide customers with seamless access to...
- AT&TW, Cingular launch Roadrunner joint venture. // RCR Wireless News;3/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the Roadrunner joint venture by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Cingular Wireless LLC as of March 17, 2003. Objective of the venture; Amendment made to the original agreement.
- WIRELESS BUY MAY INSPIRE MA BELL SEQUEL. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;2/23/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 4, p6
In the most impressive display of Bell company wealth in recent memory, SBC Communications Inc. and BellSouth Corp. put their money where Cingular Wireless LLC mouth was, pledging to fund their wireless joint venture's $41 billion all cash acquisition of AT&T Wireless Inc., thus entering the...
- Network Sharing Could Hurt Small Carriers. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on the possible impact of the network sharing agreements of AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless on the stocks of Western Wireless Corp. and Leap Wireless International Inc.
- Build loyalty, keep a customer. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p14
Focuses on the strategies implemented by wireless communications operators to build customer loyalty. Examples of a carrier focus on subscriber loyalty; How carriers can retain lost customers; Overview of the strategies implemented by AT&T Wireless.
- MERGER, SHE WROTE. Ankeny, Jason // Telephony;4/22/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 16, p23
Comments on the rumored merger of AT&T Wireless and Cingular which did not materialize. Effect of the speculation on both companies' stocks; Implications of the publicity.
- The Sensible Road To 3G. Clift, W. E. // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p4
Reports that the time division multiple access network operators Cingular Wireless Inc. and AT&T Wireless Inc. are both evolving their systems toward UMTS through a strategy based on global satellite for mobile communication. First step in the strategy; View of Cingular on the technology...