- The thorny path to successful 3G services. Buelow, Robert // RCR Wireless News;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the issues on the third-generation (3G) wireless communication services. 3G service introduced by NTT DoCoMo in Japan; Mobile data business in Europe; Problems faced by mobile operators.
- DoCoMo, subsidiaries plan FOMA expansion. // RCR Wireless News;2/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p6
Unveils the plan of NTT DoCoMo Inc. and its regional subsidiaries Tokai and Kansai to expand their respective FOMA next-generation mobile service areas in Japan in March 2002. Effect of the expansion to NTT DoCoMo's coverage in Japan; Feature of the FOMA handset that that NTT DoCoMo is planning...
- The U.S. Can Win in Wireless. Alsop, Stewart // Fortune;8/12/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 3, p52
Focuses on the cellphone industry in Japan. Information on the author's association in Tokyo, Japan, with Don Listwin, chief executive officer of Openwave Inc., a public company that sells software to wireless carriers; Discussion of the phenomenon of i-mode, a data service introduced by NTT...
- Today, Tokyo Tomorrow, the World! Rohwer, Jim // Fortune;9/18/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p140
Focuses on the wireless Web service company, NTT DoCoMo, in Japan. Success of the cellular company; Potential of the i-mode phones; Obstacles that DoCoMo faces with its lack of international experience; Details of revenues, profits, and share price.
- DoCoMo's Weak 3G Reception. Belson, Ken // Fortune International (Europe);4/1/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p18
Reports that Japanese mobile-phone operator NTT DoCoMo listed its shares on the New York and London stock exchanges, even though its third-generation (3G) mobile-phone system is likely to fizzle. Ability of the high-speed handsets to transmit music and video; The dearth of subscribers for...
- DoCoMo debuts first dual-mode FOMA handset. // RCR Wireless News;6/2/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p20
Introduces the FOMA N2701, the first dual-network third generation cellular telephone from NTT DoCoMo. Features of the cellular phone.
- Briefs. // Global Wireless;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p15
Presents updates on the wireless communications in Japan as of August 2001. Decision of NTT DoCoMo to postpone the launch of its video phone services; Opening of portal sites by KDDI for its mobile Internet services EZ Web to other portal site operators in the fourth quarter; Agreement between...
- 'Ring Tunes' Ready To Roar For Japanese. McClure, Steve // Billboard;3/13/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 11, p65
Deals with the ring tunes or chaku-uta market in Japan. Comments from Mamoru Murakami, president of Nichion; Impact of the launching of NTT DoCoMo's FOMA 900i mobile phone on the ring tunes market; Sales of ring tunes for 2004 according to Label Mobile;
- KPN Mobile to launch i-mode on April 18. // RCR Wireless News;4/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p24
Reports on the plan of Hauge, Netherlands-based KPN Mobile to launch mobile data services based on i-mode technology developed by NTT DoCoMo of Japan. Proposed date of the launch; Subscription cost for the cellular service; List of cellular telephone models that are compatible with the technology.