CSG Buys Lucent's Billing Unit
- CSG Buys Lucent Assets for $300M. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p26
Reports the acquisition of billing and customer-care assets for 300 million dollars of Lucent Technologies to CSG Systems International Inc. Inclusion of all of the software and services of Lucent in the deal; Offer of broader solutions to customers including AT&T Broadband; Revision of CSG...
- Lucent sells Kenan billing unit to CSG. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;1/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the decision of Lucent Technologies Inc. to sell Kenan Systems Corp. to CSG Systems International Inc. Estimated value of the deal; Terms under the agreement; Services provided by CSG.
- Alcatel/Lucent Could Trigger More Telecom Gear Deals. Shearer, Brent // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p32
The article reports that the proposed merger between Lucent Technologies and Alcatel SA was poorly received by some analysts because it was billed as a merger of equals. The deal, in which Alcatel is the actual buyer, has so many problems that its deal label should be the least of shareholders'...
- WITH CSG AS ITS NEW OWNER, KENAN HOPES TO REGAIN FOCUS. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;1/7/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 1, p16
Reports on expectations from the sale of Kenan Systems Corp. to CSG Systems International Inc. Number of service provider customers of Kenan Systems; Why Kenan lost focus and momentum when acquired by Lucent Technologies Inc.; Terms of the agreement between CSG and Lucent.
- upfront. // CED;Apr2002, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p10
Reports developments related to broadband communication systems in the U.S. as of April 2002. Creation of a common approach to handling metadata by CableLabs; Rating of broadband usage; Acquisition of the billing and customer care assets of Lucent Technologies by CSG Systems International.
- Around the State: North. // njbiz;6/18/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p39
This section offers news briefs in New Jersey. Newark will undergo a $17.5 million capital project that will be handled by Newark Downtown District (NDD). Englewood, Colorado-based CSG Systems International Inc. will be purchasing ComTec Inc. which will enable the former to expand its...
- The power of pooling. // Business News New Jersey;10/05/98, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p2
Discloses plans of Lucent Technologies to implement an accounting method called pooling of interests upon resumption of merger operations. Mechanics of the accounting method; Plans to purchase Finland-based firm Nokia or Illinois-based Motorola.
- Fighting for scraps. Molony, David // Total Telecom Magazine;May2006, p7
The article highlights the condition of the telecommunications industry as of May 2006. Consolidation has taken place between Lucent and Alcatel. It is said that big telecommunication operators have no plans of outsourcing their networks. A series of infrastructure supply and network service...
- Lucent boosted by Verizon contract win. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p3
Discusses how Lucent Technologies Inc. stands to benefit from its multibillion-dollar deal with Verizon Wireless in March 2001.