AT&T Wireless Cuts Expectations
- Verizon falls short, AT&T pleasantly surprises. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the corporate profits posted by wireless operators for the first quarter of 2002. Customer additions of Verizon Wireless Inc.; Additional customers signed by AT & T Wireless; Performance of VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- AT&T Prepares For Wireless Tracker. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;01/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the proposed wireless-tracking stock of AT&T Wireless Services (AWS). Implication of the trend-setting plan on carrier; Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization margins of AWS in 1999; How AWS can further build out its network and acquire.
- Filling WorldCom's Reseller Shoes. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the reseller business of WorldCom in the reseller distribution channel as carriers report their second quarter 2002 earnings. Information on 1996 Telecom Act; Decrease in resale base of AT & T Wireless during the second quarter; Significance of WorldCom's exit from wireless...
- Carriers' Strategies Paying Off. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p3
Reports the financial performance of wireless carriers in the U.S. in 2001. Nextel Communications Inc.; Leap Wireless International Inc.; AT&T Wireless.
- Suppliers Feel Merger's Holding Pattern. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;10/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p21
Deals with the implication of the AT&T Wireless/Cingular Wireless merger for wireless equipment gear vendors in the U.S., as of October 2004. Factors that have put significant pressure on the quarter's revenues and margins in North America; Idea on which the merger is built.
- Carrier results mixed. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p3
Looks at the performance of major cellular telephone service carriers in the United States for the second quarter of 2002. Profit posted by AT & T Wireless; Losses of Nextel Partners; Performance of the stocks in the industry; Examination on the direction of the industry.
- The wireless growth engine. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;02/12/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 7, p99
Reports on the fourth-quarter earnings of several telecommunication carriers in the United States in 2000. Sprint PCS; Verizon Communications; AT&T Wireless.
- Raul Burgos takes organizational empowerment to the next level. Velazquez, Raquel // Caribbean Business;12/2/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p39
Profiles Raul Burgos, vice president and general manager of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. in Puerto Rico. Reputation earned in the telecommunications industry; Responsibility as a businessman to make the company profitable and keep it on the right track; Educational and career background.
- DoCoMo to write off AT&T investment. // RCR Wireless News;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the plan of NTT DoCoMo to write off its investment in AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to comply with new accounting regulations in 2002. Value of investments expected to be written off; Expected loss of DoCoMo for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2002; List of other DoCoMo investments...