Health Debate Heads To Court
- Newman appeal filing expected. // RCR Wireless News;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p21
Reports on the plan of the lawyers of complainant Christopher Newman to appeal the dismissal of his brain-cancer lawsuit against Motorola Inc. at the U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia. Basis of the decision of U.S. District Judge Catherine Blake of Baltimore, Maryland...
- Don't rest on research laurels too long. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;10/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p10
Comments on the decision of U.S. District Judge Catherine Blake over the lawsuit brought by Christopher Newman, a doctor who claims his brain cancer was caused by using an analog handset from Motorola Corp. Significance of the decision to the wireless communication industry; Details of the...
- Newman's lawyers to file appeal on cancer suit. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;1/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the legal action taken by the lawyers of Christopher Newman against the dismissal of his cancer lawsuit against Motorola Inc. by U.S. District Judge Catherine Blake. Allegation of Newman against Motorola Inc.; Reason for the dismissal of the lawsuit; Possible strategy to be employed...
- COMMUNICATIONS BRIEFS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/04/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p46
Presents news briefs concerning the telecommunications industry, compiled as of September 4, 2000. Expansion of the retail base of satellite-phone carrier Globalstar USA with the addition of Wireless Zone; Enhancement of SBC Wireless' customizable InfoPak push-data service; Lawsuit filed by a...
- Oral argument in Newman case scheduled for June. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;4/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the decision of a U.S. Court of Appeals to schedule the oral arguments for the lawsuit filed by Christopher Newman against Motorola Inc. and other wireless firms to be in June 2003. Status of other cases similar to the case filed by Newman; Opinion of government health agencies on...
- Verizon, Motorola Named in Lawsuit. // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p8
Reports on the lawsuit filed by neurologist Chris Newman of Jarrettsville, Maryland against Motorola Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., and others due to his brain cancer which was allegedly caused by years of wireless phone use. Amount of damages sought by Newman; Research at the Washington...
- Court Dismisses Verizon Pension Buyout Suit. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Advisor News;2013, p93
No abstract available.
- Firms urge appeals court to OK Blake's cancer lawsuit dismissal. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;3/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the dismissal of a lawsuit filed by Christopher Newman who claimed that cell-phone use caused his brain cancer. Details of the lawsuit against wireless operators in Richmond, Virginia; Views of wireless operators on the judgment.
- Motorola Inc. Dwyer, Ann; Andreoli, Tom // Crain's Chicago Business;2/3/97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on legal news pertaining to Motorola Incorporated. Motorola's dismissal of a trademark suit against Garry Haltof; Motorola's victory against the National Basketball Association.