Assessing Outcomes and Improving Achievement: Tips and Tools for Using Rubrics
- La qualitÃ dell'eLearning Un approccio qualitativo per l'analisi dei feedback degli studenti e dei docenti. Ghislandi, Patrizia; Raffaghelli, Juliana; Cumer, Federica // Ricerche di Pedagogia e Didattica;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p1
The ongoing discussion on the issue of the quality of academic eLearning criticizes the dominating culture of "quality" linked to the industrial production, mostly based on rationalization and conformity to pre-defined standards, that requires the collection of massive quantitative data, with...
- Guidelines for Creating Rubrics. // Education Update;Aug2013, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p2
The article presents a discussion on creating rubrics, an essential tool for students to improve performance, adapted from the book "The 12 Touchstones of Good Teaching: A Checklist for Staying Focused Every Day" by Bryan Goodwin and Elizabeth Ross Hubbell.
- Appendixes. // National Educational Technology Standards for Students Curriculu;2007, p233
A variety of rubrics, evaluations and standards that relate to articles that appeared in the book "Foreign Language Units for All Proficiency Levels" are presented.
- Rubrics, From Antiquity to Ubiquity. Riggleman, Lori // International Educator;Dec2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p17
The article highlights the importance of using rubrics in education.
- PERSUASIVE PROMPTS. Villegas, Karen; Montgomery, Diane // School Library Monthly;Jan2012, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p56
The article offers information on an essay-based activity, in which various topics were given to be expounded which will then be evaluated through the use of an evaluation rubric.
- Ask Errol! Craig Sull, Errol // Distance Learning;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p99
The article presents questions and answers related to distance learning including the advantage of using a rubric for online learning, how to advise a school about time off from online teaching without risking the loss of a teaching spot, and how much creativity can be applied in teaching online...
- Rubistar. Manczuk, Suzanne // Library Media Connection;Jan2005, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p91
Reviews the software Rubistar.
- Avoidance of Equivalence by Leveling. FARENGA, STEPHEN J.; NESS, DANIEL; SAWYER, RICHARD D. // JCT: Journal of Curriculum Theorizing;2015, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses the concept equivalence by leveling as a consensus-driven educational strategy and examines the role of rubrics and standardized testing and how these assessment protocols affect average students.
- Rubrics for Assignments in Online Courses. College, Touro // Distance Education Report;12/15/2015, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p8
An excerpt from the article "Rubrics for Assignments in Online Courses" by Touro College, published on the website Onlineeducation on November 23, 2015, is presented which focuses on rubrics as a part of an online course that provides grading assignments on completion of learning activities.