Flood Prompt Med Center's Search for Permanent Source of Steam
- CLARIFICATIONS. // Corridor Business Journal;12/20/2010, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p2
Corrections to articles on zoning changes in call center and the availability of other medical services in Mercy Medical Center in Iowa that were published in the December 13, 2010 issue are presented.
- Midwest. // Modern Healthcare;7/4/94, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p18
Reports on developments concerning medical care and hospitals in Midwestern United States for the week ended July 4, 1994. HealthPartners' plan to build a surgery center in St. Paul, Minnesota; Columbus, Ohio-based Children's Hospital's planned formation of a physician-hospital organization;...
- Mercy to host cancer center celebration. // Corridor Business Journal;7/16/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 51, p20
The article offers information about the grand opening event of the cancer center by the Mercy Medical Center, Iowa.
- Professional practice and innovation: Transformation of Emergency Department processes of care with EHR, CPOE, and ER event tracking systems. Vartak, Smruti; Crandall, Donald K.; Brokel, Jane M.; Wakefield, Douglas S.; Ward, Marcia M. // Health Information Management Journal;2009, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p27
Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa implemented electronic health records (EHR), computerised provider order entry (CPOE) and event tracking systems in the emergency department (ED) as part of hospital-wide implementation of clinical information systems. This case study examines the changes in...
- AWARDS. // Corridor Business Journal;6/10/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 45, p22
The article mentions that Mercy Medical Center of Cedar Rapids, Iowa has been awarded for better medical facilities, Iowa-based Kirkwood Community College awarded for its career-readiness efforts and Alburnett Community Historical Society of Iowa was awarded the Heritage Conservation Award.
- Kent Miller: Not Just a "Regulatory" Guy. Vance, Andi M. // Executive Housekeeping Today;Oct2006, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p14
The article profiles Kent Miller, a healthcare housekeeping personnel. Although not his chosen profession, he was influenced by his family who were involved in the field and became a hands-on learner. He got a position on a nursing home managing its housekeeping and maintenance which was...
- Outlook Dims For Iowa's Mercy Medical Center. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/13/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34042, p1
The article reports the downfall in the outlook of Mercy Medical Center, Iowa in the survey conducted as of January, 2014. It discusses the amount of debt, poor financial conditions and downfall in revenues. It informs the detoriations being observed in the operating margins as of fiscal year...
- Developing wellness initiatives in the workplace. SAGERS, TIM // Corridor Business Journal;3/17/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p14
The article focuses on the wellness initiatives of the health care organization Mercy Medical Center. It offers information on the "Wellness Challenge" wellness program which features annual biometric screenings and health assessments, incentives for completing preventive exams, and activities...
- It's time to care for caregivers. CHARLES, TIM // Corridor Business Journal;7/6/2015, Vol. 11 Issue 50, p13
The article focuses on the plans of the Mercy Medical Center, Iowa to launch a community-based Family Caregivers Center to reduce stress of caregivers and improve their well-being. It mentions that the center will include respite care along with 24/7 care line to answer questions of a caregiver....